z

Young Writers Society

Letters from Troy

Reviews: 3
Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:52 pm
View Likes
lettersfromtroy says...

Hello everyone!

I heard it's like a tradition to write a few words about oneself so here I am. My name's Hans (like the bad guy in Inglourious Basterds), 20 years old, living in Vienna, Austria, and try to make a living from writing more or less long texts and my blog.

My passion for writing started at the age of 10 or 11 when I wrote a 15.000 words long "Lord of the rings"-like story. From that time on I was totally into fantasy stories set in epic lands. After many, many short stories about orcs, elves and trolls I switched genre (I guess Paolo Coelho influenced me a lot!) and from that day on I've been writing fairytale-like stories.

And about a month ago I changed my mind again and I started writing horror. It's really fascinating me and I am always looking for new ways to scare people. Currently I am working on a series of stories about five survivors of a global blackout. If anyone's interested, just check my homepage for further informations and a first slice of the project.

Well, what else to say? I love novels written by P. Coelho, Nick Hornby, Morton Rhue, Stieg Larsson, Oscar Wilde and so on and on and on and ... oh, and William Shakespeare. (And I know, he's not a novelist!)

Still got questions? Feel free to ask!

I'm kind of happy to be here!

LOVE
There are only a few things more interesting than my blog. Go check it out: http://www.lettersfromtroy.com/ - Read and comment my texts. Would love to meet you there!

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:48 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Hey Troy!

That's so cool you live in Austria! My only experience with the country is The Sound Of Music, which I adore. I'm from Finland, so I'm always very excited to find someone else from not-so-YWS-populated place :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Thu Dec 16, 2010 2:36 pm
Lava says...

Vienna! Wow! I've always wanted to go on a major European tour.
But, yeah, like Demi said, I've 'seen' the place only in the movie.

I really enjoyed Larsson too! It was a good series.Though, I did enjoy books 2 and 3 better.
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

And on the pedestal these words appear:/'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings;/Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!'/Nothing beside remains.
— Percy Bysshe Shelley