z

Young Writers Society

All about Me :P

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:06 am
View Likes
Hecate says...

The name is Stela. That's Stela with one L. I live in Dubai. Something I don't recommend to anyone who doesn't like heat throughout the year :P . No but it's actually pretty cool, because there's all sorts of people there from different cultures. It's very multicultural and you get to learn about others.

I spend all my summers in Bulgaria, which is where I'm from. Bulgaria is a small,insignificant country in Eastern Europe that means the world to me. I lived here before my parents moved me to Dubai. I didn't mind, though. I actually like change. I get bored of places easily.

I love horsebackriding. That, along with writing are my passions. I have known that I wanted to write ever since I was about six.

Apart from writing and horsebackriding, I like to go out with friends. We do loads of things together, and we love to spend ages on our hair and make up and we love to feel beautiful and loved.

I'm also addicted to the internet. I currently have two blogs that I try to write in frequently, as well as a forum that I just started. I love my new forum and I'm trying to get people to join. Speaking of which, can you guys check it out: www.teenlife.freeforums.org . It's not a writer's communtiy. It's a teen community, because nothing can beat YWS. It's that awesome ;)

I love it here. I've been on for a year or so. On and off. But I always, always come back even if I'm gone for a while because it's awesome. And everyone here's awesome.

When I grow up, I want to be a journalist. I want to go to Africa and write about blood diamonds, child soldiers and living conditions. I want to be one of the many people who try to raise awarness about the situation there. I hope to write articles that cause people to take an action.

Thanks for reading this guys ;)

816 Reviews

Reviews: 816
Tue Aug 17, 2010 1:25 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

Nice to meet you, Stela!
I have to say, it's super cool that you live in Dubai. I have a friends who visit there every summer and I wish I could go too...but they never take me!
Wow, I'm addicted to the internet too! Like, I just can't get enough... lol
I'm proud of you for wanting to raise awareness for those in Africa. They're very pitiful...
You go girl! :D

~Pink
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

100 Reviews

Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:25 pm
View Likes
Hecate says...

Thanks ;)

But trust me you're not missing much by not visiting Dubai. There's just a lot of...heat.

816 Reviews

Thu Aug 19, 2010 2:53 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

But they have that one new building there! I saw the opening of it on youtube, it was cool.
But yeah, I just like traveling. :)
There are three rules for writing a novel. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are.
-W. Somerset Maugham

100 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:38 am
View Likes
Hecate says...

Haha yeah true :P They have a lot of new buildings there, you're probably talking about the Burj Khalifa though.
I like traveling too, but I rarely get the chance to, unfortunately.

816 Reviews

Fri Aug 20, 2010 3:23 pm
View Likes
Shearwater says...

Bingo! That's the one, yes. :)
I plan to visit every country in the world!
That's when I win the lottery...
So, where do you want to visit the most?
-W. Somerset Maugham

100 Reviews

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:15 am
View Likes
Hecate says...

Every country? Yeah, I wish I could do that too. I mean, there's so many things to see everywhere, and so many different cultures and traditions to learn about. But, as you said, finances. Ugh!

Right now, I really want to visit America. Like continental America. I've never been outside of Europe and Asia. So I kind of want to see that, especially South America, like Brazil and Argentina . Then, I really want to see California and New York. I've been to Paris and I really want to go back, because it was amazing (especially the metro). And I want to see Montreal in Canada! Haha, so many places. Don't think I can decide which one I want to see first or the most :P

How about you?

Attention is the beginning of devotion.
— Mary Oliver, Upstream