Young Writers Society

A Subject? Umm....Me?

522 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 522
Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:23 am
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Me. I'm the subject of this post. For once it's not my silly little characters that hog the spotlight :P

I'm LavenderBlue (duh), but I'm called Lav, Lavvi, LavLav...many things. You could refer to Harry Potter's Ron and his girlfriend, Lavender, but I didn't choose my username for that reason.

Interests? I like writing, reading, which is obvious. Why would I join YWS if I didn't like that? And...I'm very interested in Celtic/Gaelic/Irish/Scottish legends. No British legends, but those I named. I love especially, the Arthur love triangle, but it seems had many more points than three (I've done research :P ). I'm also into languages. I speak English (:P), French and I'm starting German in September and Spanish in a few years.

I don't like music with tons of guitars and things like that. I like soothing, maybe eery, music. My favourite band/singer? Loreena McKennitt. Search her on YouTube, you'll like her. Trust me.

Um, I'm published, I own two dogs, a scraggly, moppy thing called a Shi Tzu/Cairn Terrier named Ollie and a dainty, fat Labrador named Shan. I used to own Ferb, a goldfish, but a housekeeper killed him. A devastating event. I called her housekiller afterwards...

I am a strong believer in women's rights and suffrage and have done speeches in class. I intend to do city-wide and possibly provincial as I become older. I want to make a big difference :) A change...

So, you have it:

I (am):

-passionate about things
-love writing/reading..all that literature
-Have two messed up dogs
-Call someone 'housekiller'

Tell me if I missed something :)

LB

522 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:52 pm
Lavvie says...

17 views and no replies?? -.-

What is to give light must endure burning. – Viktor Frankl

Random avatar

Reviews: 118
Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:17 am
View Likes
TheEnigma says...

I used to own Ferb, a goldfish, but a housekeeper killed him.

I once had a goldfish. His name was Lightning. He was a murderer.

367 Reviews

Reviews: 367
Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:53 am
View Likes
Mizzle says...

LavenderBlue wrote:Um, I'm published...

Sounds cool! Being published is great, eh? So, are you a published poet or do you have a book published? I must know. xD.

Well, it was nice to learn a little about you!

-Mizz-
"Chase your dreams, and remember me, speak bravery,
Because after all, those wings will take you up so high."
-- Owl City, "To the Sky"
✯ ✯ ✯

522 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:28 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

Book is published...If I had published poetry, I'm pretty sure the readers would have died...of boredom and uncreativeness :P

And your fish was a murderer? O.o

Lavvi

213 Reviews

Reviews: 213
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:34 pm
View Likes
SporkPunk says...

That's awesome that you're published! :D

And I used to have a goldfish too, though I changed his name a lot. Goldie, Han Solo, and Frank were a few I remember.
Grasped by the throat, grasped by the throat. That's how I feel about love. That it's not worth it.

REVIEWS FOR YOU | | Uprising (coming soon!)

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Mon Jul 19, 2010 5:49 pm
View Likes
Juniper says...

LavenderBlue wrote:Book is published...If I had published poetry, I'm pretty sure the readers would have died...of boredom and uncreativeness :P

And your fish was a murderer? O.o

Lavvi

Mind if I ask the title of your book and where I can find it? :)
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

522 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:19 pm
View Likes
Lavvie says...

I posted about it awhile ago. Here's the link (which includes a link to Amazon.com): topic65413.html?hilit=publish

Lavvi

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:03 pm
View Likes
Lollipopper says...

LavenderBlue wrote:Me. I'm the subject of this post. For once it's not my silly little characters that hog the spotlight :P

I'm LavenderBlue (duh), but I'm called Lav, Lavvi, LavLav...many things. You could refer to Harry Potter's Ron and his girlfriend, Lavender, but I didn't choose my username for that reason.

Interests? I like writing, reading, which is obvious. Why would I join YWS if I didn't like that? And...I'm very interested in Celtic/Gaelic/Irish/Scottish legends. No British legends, but those I named. I love especially, the Arthur love triangle, but it seems had many more points than three (I've done research :P ). I'm also into languages. I speak English (:P), French and I'm starting German in September and Spanish in a few years.

I don't like music with tons of guitars and things like that. I like soothing, maybe eery, music. My favourite band/singer? Loreena McKennitt. Search her on YouTube, you'll like her. Trust me.

Um, I'm published, I own two dogs, a scraggly, moppy thing called a Shi Tzu/Cairn Terrier named Ollie and a dainty, fat Labrador named Shan. I used to own Ferb, a goldfish, but a housekeeper killed him. A devastating event. I called her housekiller afterwards...

I am a strong believer in women's rights and suffrage and have done speeches in class. I intend to do city-wide and possibly provincial as I become older. I want to make a big difference :) A change...

So, you have it:

I (am):

-passionate about things
-love writing/reading..all that literature
-Have two messed up dogs
-Call someone 'housekiller'

Tell me if I missed something :)

LB

Ahh! You're published? Lucky!
Yeah, that's Hedwig staring at you determinedly.

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien