z

Young Writers Society

Joe to the Duck to the Tape

104 Reviews

Reviews: 104
Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:38 pm
Joeducktape says...

Hello all! I'm Joeducktape, though you can call me Joe. I'm a writer who joined this Forum because she has a dilemna: She, er, I cannot bear to read my stories to family and friends for fear of what they might say. So I'm hoping for some good critiquing and advice on writing.

I'm thirteen, a girl (the name doesn't suggest it), and I'm a Christian so you should see minimal cussing. I'll be writing mostly Fantasy/Fiction, but not of the gothic or Tolkein influenced style.

Please help me! You're my only writing outlet besides my notebook and IT CAN'T GIVE ADVICE!

Yours truly,
Joe

34 Reviews

Reviews: 34
Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:45 pm
Elephant says...

Welcome Joe!

I'm not a particulary old member but if you have any questions you can PM me, areida07 (she's very nice), Caligula's Launderette (she's helped me a lot) or any other the other Mods, or VIPs or really anyone who is not a newbie.

Again welcome. YAY...for being the first to welcome. I think you'll find it a great mix here, with always something to do.

EL
You couldn't parallel park if your life depended on it, so it's unfortunate that, due to the alien invaders' strange emphasis on motorist competence, that's exactly what it comes down to.

Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 21, 2005 8:57 pm
Snoink says...

Critiquing is fun!

I'm a fairly new member, but you can come to me and ask questions, etc, etc.

What's really funny is one of my brothers is named "Joe" and he used to be in love with ducks. Now he's in love with... duct tape. So it's really funny to see your name! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

104 Reviews

Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:43 pm
Joeducktape says...

I've already seen some of your citiquing Snoink! You seem to do quite a bit of it! :lol:

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Wed Dec 21, 2005 9:48 pm
Snoink says...

It's one of my favorite obsessions, hehe...
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

104 Reviews

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:02 am
Joeducktape says...

Yea. Well I'm normally crazy (oxymoron) and I love the color red. Please dish out your harshest.

I'm currently working on the first chapter in my story. He he.... I've really been working on it for about a year, the plot and characters, trying to make it make sense. I wrote the first chapter a while back and IT SUCKED! Recently, like in the last week, I've been rewriting it and it's much better... I think.

104 Reviews

Thu Dec 22, 2005 3:23 am
Joeducktape says...

'Kay well here's some more about me. I was busy earlier so I didn't really describe myself much. So....

Favorite Color: Red, Black, and I love er... dark, pinkish red. Whatever that is.

Favorite Bands: Switchfoot, Nichole Nordeman, TFK, Toby Mac, Kutless... most Christian rock.

Current Read: Messenger by Lois Lowry. I can read 200 pages in hours. I guess you could say I read fast....

Favorite Authors: J. K. Rowling (yes I'm a Christian Harry Potter fan), Jeanne DuPrau, and Lois Lowry, Andrew Clements.

Style of Writing: Fictional, usually third person.

Style: Baggy jeans, crazy stuff, Napoleon Dynamite shirts, my billion pairs of flip flops, spikes.

Movies: Lilo and Stitch, Napoleon Dynamite, Mr. and Mrs. Smith.

TV: Some anime, Mythbusters, Gilmore Girls.

Writing vs. Typing: 70% of the things I write are pencil and paper, and 30% is typed.

Amount Written per Week: Usually about a page or so, but I end up scrapping most of it.

Fears: Spiders (ew), writer's block, small spaces (slight claustrophobia).

Hobbies: Writing, paino playing, Battlefield 1942 online (best game EVER), shopping, acting (my carreer of choice.

I am: Over-talkative, clumsy, mood swingish, contemplative, social.

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:31 pm
Fishr says...

Hello, Joe.

Favorite Color: Red, Black
Ha! My favorite colors as well. But I prefer a darker version of red; crimson to be exact. Also like hunter green.

Favorite Bands: Switchfoot, Nichole Nordeman, TFK, Toby Mac, Kutless... most Christian rock.
Can't say I share the same taste in music as you but my uncle is a hardcore Christian and listens to Christian Rock all the time. He's bound and determined to push me into a church, lol. While I am a NPC(non-practicing Christian), I have to admit, it is very interesting. My uncle may see me become a regular yet.

Hello all! I'm Joeducktape, though you can call me Joe. I'm a writer who joined this Forum because she has a dilemna: She, er, I cannot bear to read my stories to family and friends for fear of what they might say.
I had a slight problem with this too, mainly in my teenage years when I turned my imagination loose in middle and high school. Gah... Well we'll just say, when I was confronted about one particular story, the English teacher whom read it, wanted me to revise it. I obeyed and he printed it within the school, where as I had to use a pen name. So after that, it broke this weird boundary and now I don't care who reads my work, lol. As long as its finished; my one peeve. I suggest you try your teachers and show them your stories. After all, that is their job, is it not? :wink: They can also help you harness your craft and after a while, you may not care as much who reads what. Not sure if that helps with your dilemma.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

104 Reviews

Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:56 am
Joeducktape says...

Homeschooled. Mom's my teacher.
Check my new and improved blog:

weblog.php?w=764

[/shameless plug]

Random avatar

Reviews: 1160
Thu Apr 06, 2006 2:31 am
Elizabeth says...

Joe is a dudes' name :P
You're lucky you're homeschooled I wish I was. Anyway, if you want I could send you taht dancing anime girl you seem to miss so much.
*lurves the snime dancig girl*

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:56 pm
Dream Deep says...

Yay homeschoolers and/or pianists. I would welcome you Joe, but lol I'm afraid you've been here longer than myself... ^_^

You know how hard it is to feel like an extreme falcon-headed combat machine when somebody calls you "chicken man"?
— Rick Riordan, The Red Pyramid