z

Young Writers Society

It's been a while... what five months?

Random avatar

Reviews: 5
Sat May 29, 2010 11:24 am
View Likes
Chaos Angelfish says...

The title of the posts says it all basically, but it doesn't mean that I won't elaborate further though.

I have been writing fanfic on another site that's rules are looser than this one. I know it sounds like I betrayed this site, but it's only fanfic though. I got some greatly needed reviews in my writing testing fanfics, learned some new things and ultimate somewhat bettered myself as well. No use of submitting a creative writing if there is no reviews coming to it.

Anyway, Fanfic is fun to write, hell it was the best thing to release the idea's in your mind, creating plots, calculating repercussions of a single event, throwing in some OC's for the fun of it and for the love of two things, writing and the fanfic. But there is some flaws in Fanfic; that cannot be ignored and must be seen, if anyone is to go anywhere.

I found myself inspired to write fanfic, due to the reviews, both good and bad, so I focused my creative mindset to it. Blinded by the desire of reviews I abandoned my own work. Anyone can be blinded by reviews, especially the good ones, to keep on writing, to keep on giving the readers more...

First thing to know about me, I am possibly insane, there is only a wafer thin slice of doubt about it, that lingers within my soul. If anyone remembers my last posts (Most likely not...) I claimed to be in a Higher state of consciensess... caused by my insanity, for say. Do I still believe that... yes, I do.

I found myself dreaming about my fanfic, I am not talking about the dreams that give you ideas for your fanfic, but the those that also perceive it on a personal level. Most try to get their readers to perceive things in their point of view, may it be fictional or non-fictional.

Fictional perception is somewhat easier to gain, but what happens when that imagination of yours is out shot by your own dream? Is it your imagination, possibly, but then how were you so blind not to capture the detail scaling of that dream into your writing? Confusing? Yes, but confusion sometimes makes the best and most interesting things, that inspire most to create.

"Dreams, big deal..." most might respond and view as cliche.

Anyway, I found my dreams not only highly mesmerizing but also somewhat disturbing... Sure they may have gave me further ideas, plots and enhanced detailing; but they also possessed my mind.

"You're just crazy..."

Nah, insanity came when I forced reality breaks to spike up the fanfic but luckily for me I found myself to come back to reality. I won't lie sometimes I found myself not wanting to come back. The danger of this was not realized until I found myself wanting the dreams not wanting to end, to the point that wanting to die in my sleep was desired. In hopes that I can dream on for an eternity... but that wasn't thing that truly stopped me though.

What stopped me was realizing that, I was going nowhere in Fanfic. So I decided to go back to one of my stories, but found myself stumped and agitated. It took me two weeks to finally ween off the fanfic mindset, until finally I could write my own story again...

It could be that I am insane, but sane or not, that writing phase was... eccentric. As for fanfic, it's fun, it helps stir up some idea's and unlock hidden creativity, but it can only get you so far though. I still do some fanfic, but I am no longer addicted to it.

So to wrap it all up, I am most likely insane, most likely not going to post any of my stories here, for I see all my writings as sacred and the paranoia of thieves stealing my work, deter me from doing so...

So why the hell am I here then? I don't know maybe because I am bored, just feel like typing or possibly because I am just plain insane. Perhaps I am just cynical... maybe I made all the above up to make you think I was insane? Believe it or not, I still created all this out of mere thought.

Many read this topic on a path of confusion, dementia, inspiration, insanity, uncertainty and darkness. Only few resist these temptations along with numbness, anger and skepticism or a mixture of all the listed. But what happens to the rest?

It came to a post that you just read... Rated R.
"Fear what you learn to love; Ironically, fear is what you learn to love"

"Damn her purple eyes," I thought peering into her saddened soul as the tears streaked down her face.

Sinisterly Perceiving the Unperceivable to those who can't see and revealing it to them since 2000.

It is a happiness to wonder; it is a happiness to dream.
— Edgar Allan Poe