z

Young Writers Society

I'm not good at titles

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:38 pm
PintoStar says...

Hi, my name is PintoStar. You can call me Pinto or Star or anything you can come up with. I'm 16 (and I still don't have my driver's license. However many times I just tell them that I know how to drive, they refuse to just give it to me. Okay, okay. I admit, I haven't even taken driver's ed yet. :P) As you can see, I lack creativity in the title department. So, I joined YWS a few weeks ago (I'm not sure when)... but just got around to checking it out. So here's some things about me:

I used to write all of the time. Now? Not so much, although I have been writing a bit the last couple of months and I'm getting back into it. My first love is horses. When I'm not riding my very own horse, I'm reading. And I guess when I'm not doing either of those I'm writing or in school. I also enjoy warm, sunny weather (when it's not too hot so it's the perfect day for horseback riding :)).

Mostly I write fantasy, and dabble into some other stuff.

Some of my favorite books are The Horse Whisperer, The Night World series, The House of Night Series, The Darkest Powers series, and like lots more. For TV shows... well, I don't really have any favorites because I don't watch all that much.

My dislikes would include... well, I guess not much because the only thing I can think of are bugs and insects. I'm sure I'll think of something else later.

I hope I didn't bore you, since I'm clearly really bad at introductions.

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Mon Apr 19, 2010 2:36 pm
Ranger Hawk says...

Hey Pinto, sounds like we've got a lot in common! I'm going to be 16 in a week, and I haven't taken driver's ed yet, either (my parents were going to teach me but didn't have the time, so I have to take d-ed now :P ). So don't feel bad, you're not the only one! ;)

I love horses! I don't have any, but I've spent a lot of time around them, even learning to train them. Do you ride English or Western? What's your favorite breed? Color? :D

I'm a fantasy writer, as well. Just looove the Lord of the Rings, Narnia, all that...what's your favorite movie? Food? Color? Wow, I must be on a color spree today...

Anyways, see you later! Great to have you here. :D
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:29 pm
LookUpThere says...

Hi! Welcome Pinto. I'm gonna call you Toyota, okay :) My teacher made up, for a maths' demonstration, the Toyota Pinto. Hey, noticed you weren't good with titles :) topic61209.html maybe that can help you along. By me :P

Random avatar

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:36 pm
PintoStar says...

Ranger Hawk: This is my first horse and I got him about 7 or 8 months ago. I ride Western, and I've taken him around some barrels and through trees that were lined up (I don't have poles), but I've never actually shown him. My favorite breed would probably be Quarter Horses or Paints. As for the color, I really like roans. I really liked The Horse Whisperer (movie, but the book was sooo much better), Narnia, and Harry Potter. I don't really have a favorite food or color.

TheNewHero: That works, but I'll probably forget it. And thanks, I'll be sure to check that out! :)

482 Reviews

Reviews: 482
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:25 am
Ranger Hawk says...

Oh that's awesome! :D I've never done barrels at more than a trot; I'm not an expert rider, though, so it's all I trust myself with. ;)
There are two kinds of folks who sit around thinking about how to kill people:
psychopaths and mystery writers.

I'm the kind that pays better.
~Rick Castle

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:56 am
AtticusGallows says...

I'm 16 too! But I have my Dl :P. But you should post something you wrote I'd love to read it! :D
We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, it's to create something that will.
[Chuck Palahniuk]

Random avatar

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:33 pm
PintoStar says...

Last week was the first time I actually ran around them, and I'm not very good at it.

Thanks, I'll post something as soon as I write something good. :)

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:03 am
Navita says...

Hey Pinto - sounds like we have a lot in common, too - minus the horses part! I love to read and write, too, but my writings goes and comes in seasons, I guess. And my parents haven't let me get my license yet either. Something about frontal lobe development - they're doctors, so go figure. I've read the Horse Whisperer - I've forgotten the author's name, but have you read some other books by him as well? What are your other interests? And what do you like to write, specifically? What have you written to date?

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Tue Apr 27, 2010 8:26 pm
MagnusBane says...

Wow, so I'm not the only person with crazy parents? Mine won't let me get my license either. I think they're afraid I'm going to get road rage and kill someone.

You have a horse? Lucky! I love horses, but I don't have one of my own. I ride English, so no barrel racing for me. Jumping makes up for it, though. :)
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

446 Reviews

Reviews: 446
Wed Apr 28, 2010 3:25 am
Yuriiko says...

Welcome to YWS and nice meeting you, PintoStar!
"Life is a poem keep it in the present tense." -Sherrel Wigal

Random avatar

Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:13 pm
PintoStar says...

Navita - I have another book by him, The Divide, but I haven't read it yet. There's really no specific thing I like to write, just what comes to mind. Except I've written nothing in the past week or so. I'm *finally* taking driver's ed, though, so my schedule is crazy. I've had no time to do anything, except school, homework, driver's training.

magnusbanefan13 - I want to try jumping. I tried to take my horse over a barrel but he refused to go faster than a trot and then he tried to walk over it and he couldn't get over it.

yuriiko12345 - Thanks. Nice to meet you too. :)

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina