z

Young Writers Society

Mira's Life

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:18 pm
Mira says...

So... I made one of these before, but deleted it (I think) when I was having some... problems before.

Anyway, I've been writing since I could write. :) In second grade, I made a book in class on how I liked to write and I wrote stories for class books that the school had published for us to buy. However, I didn't really get into novels until... fifth grade, I believe? I'm not quite sure myself, but ever since middle school, I have wanted to write and publish a novel. Maybe one day it will happen. ;)

In seventh grade, however, I learned about my second love: music. Ever since then, I have had to be in choir (except for my junior year when scheduling didn't work out). During the summer of 2009, I bought myself a violin and started teaching myself how to play. It's the first instrument I can truly say I am in completely in love with and have had the patience to stay with. 2009 was also the first year I was able to sing a song by myself in front of a large audience. It was quite thrilling. Apart from singing and violin, I am in love with almost any type of music as long as it is appropriate and fun. Some of my favorites are: Leona Lewis, Paramore, Kelly Clarkson, ChemicalRomance, Lincoln Park, (recently) There for Tomorrow, FlyLeaf, HeyMonday, and so on.

Sophomore year was the first year that we ever had a real pet - or three, to be exact (the evil hamster that we got rid of does not count!). We got two lovely miniature daschunds and a Korean Jindo. By the way, I used to be deathly afraid of dogs. My mother told me I scratched her arm up once trying to get away from a chiuaua.

In second grade I was surfing Barbie.com and came across a career page. My aspirations to be a pediatrician started right then and there, virtual Barbie as my witness and inspiration. Since then my hope to be in the field has grown - though doubts have filled me my senior year - and I've done several things to help myself get into the medical field. With several hours of shadowing at a local clinic, I was able to see more into the nursing job and the clinical atmosphere.

The one thing in my life that I just can't stop worrying about is my future. I do a lot in school to prepare myself: take AP classes (for all four years, I've taken six), join clubs (National Honor Society - I'm secretary!, Health Occupations Students of America, CHAP - I was a founder and historian until it dissipated, the Geography Club), be a part of school organizations (choir, PALS - Peer Assistance and Leadership) and commmunity service, and got a job (at the local theater - 1st and 2nd job!). I plan to attend college this fall and start studying to get a Biomedical Sciences degree. Though I worry, I hope my preparation has been enough. I want to go somewhere in life, and I plan to not just reach for the stars, but shoot past them.

Some interesting facts about me:
~ I have never been in a relationship.
~ I do not curse, even though I am (at the moment) 17. I'm very against doing or saying anything I deem inappropriate for me.
~ I have had a poem published in some sort of poem book.
~ I was (for some odd reason that does still not calculate in my mind) voted Winter Queen (and my partner Winter King) for the first annual Winter Court this year.
~ I love chocolate.
~ I wrote a book with five of my friends before called the Guardians. We hope to rewrite the book and, eventually, publish it.
~ I am actually mean... just in my mind, however. :P
~ I have some amazing friends.

I'm sorry if I bored you, but it must all be said. :P

Smiles!
~Mira
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

30 Reviews

Reviews: 30
Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:24 am
Zibbie says...

Sounds cool!
i take all Ap classes too, and i play the piano and sing.
maybe all writers are the same?
"His poetry was terrible. It sounds like he ate a dictionary and started vomiting up words at random."

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Wed Apr 07, 2010 7:58 am
Navita says...

Hello Mira!

I relate to a lot of things you have said. I have written since I learnt to write. I have played an instrument and loved it to death (piano - and I have a love-hate relationship with Chopin), and I love choir so much that I go, even when I shouldn't, even when I've got a million other things to do, because there is nothing like singing to take your mind totally, marvelously, off academic work.

I'm heavily into a lot of things at school as well - debating, Amnesty Int, Envirogroup, Duke of Edniburgh, and many others which you probably won't recognise as we only have them here in NZ.

Congratulations for all your achievements. And good luck for toeing the line all the time. I commend that you are going into Biomed, while still keeping your options wide open with all the other activities. Never squash down your potential!

Anyway, nice to meet you, and I hope to read your writing sometime soon :)

Navita

The man who never makes a mistake always takes orders from one who does.
— Anonymous