Young Writers Society

Me...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Mar 29, 2010 2:24 am
View Likes
a_kittens_claws says...

Hello!
:) I'm Sydney (aka a_kittens_claws) and I'm 13 years old and have been a YWS member since June of 2009.
I love writing. You probably already know that because I'm on this site, though...
I've finished one whole novel, but it's if-y considering I wrote it in sixth grade when I was young and naive...the same of it is 'Seen.'
Along with writing novels, I like writing poetry. I have submitted many poems (including one that's on here 'Daydreaming Train') to various contests but am still waiting for the results.
I am also working on publishing a book for children ages 8-12. The title is 'The Canvas Room' and if you want to read the first draft of it, it's on here.
I also have written many MANY songs. Like, seriously. I need to get a life. So far, I've written 710. No joke.
I also have written some short stories which aren't so good. But basically I spend 3/4ths of my day on the computer writing. (actually it'd be typing, but whatever.)
I also am a singer...I've been in many musicals and have been told by several people that I should be a singer when I grow up. I've also been playing guitar since I was 8, so I sing and play.
I also like to act, which is kind of a given considering I was in a few musicals. (Dacing, too, haha) And I have been in many plays and pageants, too, and taken several acting classes and acting been in a movie. It's called 'The Bounty Hunter' with Gerard Butler and Jen Anniston. It's actually pretty good, despite harsh critics reviews. Watch it and see me!!!! Hehehehe
I'm also the most obssesive reader on Earth, and make up my own fanfictions at Fanfiction.com. My username is: The Bird is the Word. Haha don't even ask. Some of my favorite books include the House of Night series, Night World series, Gallagher Girls Series, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Fallen by Lauren Kate, Beautiful Creatures, 13 Reasons Why, Dark Visions, Shiver by Maggie Stievater, The Nature of Jade, Evermoree, etc. I also spend most of my day reading, as you can see.
I like watching movies, but don't really like TV unless it's informational, or stupidly funny sitcoms like 'That 70's Show' or 'The Office.'
Oh, and here are some other useless and random facts about me:
-I'm referred to in my school as 'Bug Eye' because my eyes are SUPER big.
-I prefer night to day, because of the stars and the moon.
-I'm Catholic and proud of it.
-I'm the 'weird one' in my school because I don't watch TV all day, instead I write.
-I'm probably the biggest dreamer on the face of this Earth. I daydream for a living.
-Despite popular opinion, I'm actually a very good student and get all A's and B's.
-My math teacher hates me, but all my other teacher love me. I don't know what it is about math...
-I absolutely positively HATE rap, pop, and all that hiphop junk. I'd rather gouge out my eardrums before listening to 'Lady GaGa' or 'Kesha' or, God forbid, 'Justin Bieber.' I REALLY don't like them. As in hate.
-I've been doing taekwondo since I was 3 and could kick your butt.
-I never curse.
-I have a 'memory necklace' and a 'dream book.' A memory necklace is a necklace with a whole bunch of different keepsakes on it. It looks pretty cool. And a 'dream book' is a book with all my aspiring dreams written in it. Like a journal, except dreamier (see what I did right there?)
-I've been told by many that I should be the following: a writer, a singer, a teacher, a nun (I don't even know), a comedian, a social worker, an actress, a songwriter, etc.
-I'm done now.
Did you steal my mayonaise? Oh well. I don't care. Mayo sucks anyway.

-Sydney:)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:47 am
Auteur says...

a_kittens_claws wrote:Hello!
:) I'm Sydney (aka a_kittens_claws) and I'm 13 years old and have been a YWS member since June of 2009.
I love writing. You probably already know that because I'm on this site, though...
I've finished one whole novel, but it's if-y considering I wrote it in sixth grade when I was young and naive...the same of it is 'Seen.'
Along with writing novels, I like writing poetry. I have submitted many poems (including one that's on here 'Daydreaming Train') to various contests but am still waiting for the results.
I am also working on publishing a book for children ages 8-12. The title is 'The Canvas Room' and if you want to read the first draft of it, it's on here.
I also have written many MANY songs. Like, seriously. I need to get a life. So far, I've written 710. No joke.Can I read some???
I also have written some short stories which aren't so good. But basically I spend 3/4ths of my day on the computer writing. (actually it'd be typing, but whatever.)
I also am a singer...I've been in many musicals and have been told by several people that I should be a singer when I grow up. I've also been playing guitar since I was 8, so I sing and play.
I also like to act, which is kind of a given considering I was in a few musicals. (Dacing, too, haha) And I have been in many plays and pageants, too, and taken several acting classes and acting been in a movie. It's called 'The Bounty Hunter' with Gerard Butler and Jen Anniston. It's actually pretty good, despite harsh critics reviews. Watch it and see me!!!! HeheheheWhoah, really??? Which one are you???
I'm also the most obssesive reader on Earth, and make up my own fanfictions at Fanfiction.com. My username is: The Bird is the Word. Haha don't even ask. Some of my favorite books include the House of Night series, Night World series, Gallagher Girls Series, Hush Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick, Fallen by Lauren Kate, Beautiful Creatures, 13 Reasons Why, Dark Visions, Shiver by Maggie Stievater, The Nature of Jade, Evermoree, etc. I also spend most of my day reading, as you can see.
I like watching movies, but don't really like TV unless it's informational, or stupidly funny sitcoms like 'That 70's Show' or 'The Office.'
-I'm the 'weird one' in my school because I don't watch TV all day, instead I write.
-I'm probably the biggest dreamer on the face of this Earth. I daydream for a living.
-Despite popular opinion, I'm actually a very good student and get all A's and B's.
-My math teacher hates me, but all my other teacher love me. I don't know what it is about math...
-I absolutely positively HATE rap, pop, and all that hiphop junk. I'd rather gouge out my eardrums before listening to 'Lady GaGa' or 'Kesha' or, God forbid, 'Justin Bieber.' I REALLY don't like them. As in hate.
-I never curse.Good on you!
-I have a 'memory necklace' and a 'dream book.' A memory necklace is a necklace with a whole bunch of different keepsakes on it. It looks pretty cool. And a 'dream book' is a book with all my aspiring dreams written in it. Like a journal, except dreamier (see what I did right there?)
-I've been told by many that I should be the following: a writer, a singer, a teacher, a nun (I don't even know), a comedian, a social worker, an actress, a songwriter, etc.
-I'm done now.

Hello.
Most people see what is and never what can be. - Albert Einstein

315 Reviews

Reviews: 315
Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:06 am
View Likes
Navita says...

Do you think it might be characteristic of writers to not be avid TV watchers? I know I can't stand TV, simply because I cannot sit still long enough to watch it. Congrats on your taekwondo - are you black belt??? (Heheheh - I am :)) I love how you're into the arts so much - good on you - and they complement poetry and writing very well, don't you think? Obviously, I'm not surprised in the lesat to see you read voraciously - if you don't read, you can't write! And I think it's interesting I've just met others on YWS who say, in their interesting facts list, that they never curse or swear. Well...I don't do it HABITUALLY, but on occasion, yeah, and in my writing...hell yeah!

56 Reviews

Reviews: 56
Sun Apr 11, 2010 1:47 pm
Ikafe says...

Hey, I read nearly all the books you stated and I love them:)
"Even in the darkness, my heart will you..."
"How do you escape from yourself?"
"...open your eyes, and see..."

Ikafe

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:24 pm
View Likes
a_kittens_claws says...

Really you did? Thank you :)
Did you steal my mayonaise? Oh well. I don't care. Mayo sucks anyway.

-Sydney:)

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 am
Auteur says...

Auteur wrote:
a_kittens_claws wrote:Hello!
I also have written many MANY songs. Like, seriously. I need to get a life. So far, I've written 710. No joke.Can I read some???
I also like to act, which is kind of a given considering I was in a few musicals. (Dacing, too, haha) And I have been in many plays and pageants, too, and taken several acting classes and acting been in a movie. It's called 'The Bounty Hunter' with Gerard Butler and Jen Anniston. It's actually pretty good, despite harsh critics reviews. Watch it and see me!!!! HeheheheWhoah, really??? Which one are you???
-I never curse.Good on you!
-I'm done now.
Most people see what is and never what can be. - Albert Einstein

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:07 pm
View Likes
ToritheMonster says...

Really? You were in that movie? Were you an extra or did you have a legit part? I've been an extra in a few... it's fun.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

I feel like if I was the mafia I’d leave a voicemail.
— Tuckster