z

Young Writers Society

Ikklebeastie - I'm new.

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:09 pm
ikklebeastie says...

Actually, I'm a lurker who's finally decided to make the effort actually use this fantastic site.
I've just started my blog, Ikklebeastie's First Draft, to document the trials of writing the first draft of my first novel - I'm hoping that it'll keep me motivated :roll:
I love just about all fiction and a lot of non-fiction, but especially stuff like the Earthsea Quartet by Ursual Le Guin and the His Dark Materials books.
I have a thing about dragons - I swear they're real (in my head? :wink: )
I also keep pet rats, they're lovely funny little things that make life worth living when people are letting you down.

I'm looking forward to meeting some new people on this site and making some friends who actually understand why I just have to write :D

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:12 pm
mystical*dragons says...

Hi there,

Welcome to YWS, hope you have fun here!
If you need anything or have any questions, feel free to PM me.

You keep rats as pets? *shudders* hehehe

Random avatar

Reviews: 8
Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:14 pm
ikklebeastie says...

Thanks :D ratties are lovely, promise...I'll post a pic some other time to convince you :P

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Fri Nov 25, 2005 5:45 pm
J. Haux says...

Oh! I like those books, too. I thought there were more of the Earth Sea books, though, or are they 'companion books'? I've only read three, so I guess I wouldn't know. :D

My cousin had a rat...that promptly had ten baby rats. :wink: They are cute, in their own way; funny little animals.

My name's Jacquie, by the way. I wish I would have put that as my name, but, I just didn't want to write out "Jacqueline Haux" all the time. Ah well. No going back, is there?

Nice to meet you!

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:50 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

Welcome! Rats are awesome! (They're surprisingly smart, as well...)

Dragons are awesome, too. :D I bet you could find one if you looked hard enough.

We all have our reasons to write; I bet we can understand yours.

(But don't go looking for pieces written by me...My proper inspiration hasn't come yet. When I try to force myself to write it's just not as good as when I have a huge inspiration. :wink:)

Welcome to YWS, and I hope you enjoy your long stay, because once you come here, you get addicted. :)

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:51 pm
Fireweed says...

hey there, welcome to YWS, rats are the bomb!! you should totally post some pics of yours, that would be awesome. i read the golden compass (1st book in his dark materials series) and it was great, i never got around to reading the others, though.

i like your user name, its funny. see ya around the site!!!!! 8) :D :wink:
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Sat Nov 26, 2005 11:59 pm
Areida says...

Hey, welcome to the YWS! I believe you will be in good company when it comes to dragons; we have quite a few other dragon lovers on the site. Never had a rat, but I used to have a mouse named Cookie. Full name: Chocolate Chip Cookie Patrick *insert my last name*. You can tell I was a succinct child, no? :wink:

I'm Areida, by the way. :mrgreen: Feel free to PM me if you need anything!
Got YWS?

"Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed."
- Dale Carnegie

'Hush, hush!' I whispered; 'people can have many cousins and of all sorts, Miss Cathy, without being any the worse for it; only they needn't keep their company, if they be disagreeable and bad.
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights