Young Writers Society

Weirdness is good!!

Random avatar

Reviews: 38
Mon Mar 08, 2010 1:16 am
View Likes
MattJF says...

Hi YWS!
My name is Matt and I'm a writer. My goal in life is to be a famous novelist, musician and songwriter. It all started for me when I was around seven years old. I have been reading for as long as I can remember because as a baby instead of toys I was given books by my mum I was obsessed with Harry Potter and when I was seven, I finished Harry Potter and the goblet of fire. I knew then that I definitely wanted to be an author. I was always daydreaming or sitting with a nose in a book I just read and read.

As I got older my interests grew and I became heavily interested in music. I was always changing my look, to copy what my favourite bands or singers were wearing. I remember when I was nine, I was obsessed with Evanescence and went through this goth stage were I would only wear black. When I reached high school, I realised straight away that I didn't fit in at all with anyone but I had my own group of friends. I began to listen to artists like La Roux, The pet shop boys, the killers, Lady Gaga and Little Boots. I was and still am obsessed with the eighties fashion and music. I discovered also Pop art and Andy Warhol. And also Avant Garde. I became Obsessed with the notion that I could use my body as a blank canvas, and so I began to wear my own unique style. I modified my own clothes. I bought chain braces and basically any other items of clothing and I try as hard as I can to look different from anyone else in my school. And I try my utmost hardest not to conform.

This heavily influenced my writing and I began to write poetry or lyrics. Because of my desire to be different and my strong views. It affected my relationships with people. People I go out with or fall in love with are intimidated by it. Which was sad but what I was trying to prove was much more important to me. To be who you want to be and let no one or anything hold you back. You will find in my work I write everything from personal experience. Relationships, sex, worries basically everything. Its my way of dealing with things and its cheaper than therapy!

Before I began to express myself artistically, people in high school made fun of the way I dressed, presented myself and my outspoken views. Now I think they,ve saw that the more they ridicule or criticise me It just drives me on. I say to my friends I'm too wrapped up inside my own bubble of weirdness to care. I'm not saying be different for the sake of being different. That is completely wrong and stupid. Be yourself because you will be a happier person!

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:12 am
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

Weirdness is very good. :wink:
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

Monster is a relative term. To a canary, a cat is a monster. We're just used to being the cat.
— Henry Wu, "Jurassic World"