z

Young Writers Society

Discovering the Prophet

Reviews: 3
Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:52 am
LostProphet says...

Hello, first of all my name is Tylier (yes, with an i :o )...and here is a little bit I feel you should know about me.

-First of, I am from the big state of Kentucky (please do not hold this against me).

-I play football, and xbox :D

-My faith plays a big role in my life, as well as my writings.

-I love to read :D

-I believe Ted Dekker is an extraordinary writer, and I believe it is he who has helped me develop as a writer myself.

-I usually feel the need to write when I am either depressed, or angry...sadly I feel the need to write very often.

-However, once I am finished writing, I feel calm and satisfied :)

-I hope to be an author someday.

-I am an aspiring guitar and piano player

-I like to act big and tough, but anyone close to me knows I'm a teddy bear.

-I don't really know what else to put about myself on here, but if you have any questions feel free to ask :)

Blessings and Love,
LostProphet

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:11 am
LittlePetRock says...

Nice to meet you LostProphet, everyone here calls me Rocki.
We have a TON in common!!
I also am from Kentucky... but I moved to Southern Indiana 6 years ago.
Faith has everything to do with my life.
Ted Dekker has heavily influenced me to write, his works inspire me and motivate me to keep writing!
I play the piano.
I always talk smack, but really I'd never hurt anyone!!

Here are some tough questions!

Favorite song at the moment?

Favorite movie?

Favorite T.V show?

Favorite book (This is a hard one!!)?

Least Favorite school subject?

If you need someone to talk to, feel free to PM me.
Star light; star bright,
It is time to take flight.
Off I go through the dark of night.
All my hopes and dreams in sight.

Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:11 am
LostProphet says...

Wow, we do have a lot in common. I want to apologize for taking so long to reply, I've been busy recently.

-Favorite Song At The Moment- I Want to Believe in Something- Seventh Day Slumber

-Favorite Movie- It's so hard to pick but I'd have to go with Never Back Down.

-Favorite TV Show- House of Payne

-Favorite Book- Either Adam by Ted Dekker, or the Circle Trilogy by Ted Dekker.

Least Favorite School Subject- Math or Chemistry, I'm not sure which one I dislike more at the moment.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:25 am
foxfire says...

Hmmm...interesting prophet....

so when you mention that your faith plays in your writings...how? DOes it goes through the mood of the story or through plot or themes
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:24 am
LostProphet says...

My faith really has a universal presence in my writings, without it, I feel that my writings would be very dull and pretty much lifeless. My mood is usually gloomy at first, until the light comes into play, then it brightens up. My faith also makes me very interested in portraying the darkest of evils in my plots, then this evil is overcome by a source of good. In turn it affects my themes by showing how good always triumphs over evil, whether I'm writing Fiction or Non-fiction. Ted Dekker has really shown me how to display my faith within my writings, if you would like to know how, I suggest you read some of his works (if you haven't already), it wouldn't be a waste of your time.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Feb 21, 2010 4:53 pm
MagnusBane says...

Ugh, I hate chemistry too. All of the converting between units and weighing and density formulas make me want to burn down the lab with a Bunsen Burner lol. :) And math? I'm hopeless at it.

How long have you been playing piano for? I've been playing for 8 years now and I love it.
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Mon Feb 22, 2010 12:41 am
Hiadel says...

LostProphet wrote:
-I usually feel the need to write when I am either depressed, or angry...sadly I feel the need to write very often.

-However, once I am finished writing, I feel calm and satisfied :)

I feel the same way when it comes to this. Sometimes I come home and retreat to my workroom and stay up till the crack of dawn finishing stuff. It can feel to me that the ink of the soul sometimes bubbles up through our veins and spills out of our fingertips.
While I am athiest, I can see how taking this method of stress relief and combining it with religion could help some people.

I'll be sure to watch out for your stuff!
Writing is the magical release of emotion from your fingertips. Why on earth do people wish to be wizards when you have writing!

Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:48 am
LostProphet says...

Once again,I must apologize for taking so long to reply to this thread, life is beginning to get into the way of my luxury time.

magnusbanefan13- I haven't been able to play the piano very much at all here as of late, plus I haven't been playing that long in the first place...however I do enjoy playing what little I know :)

Hiadel- I feel the exact same way, and although our spiritual views vary, I'm very glad to have some common ground. Yes, I feel that the fingers are a portal to the soul, simply because you can express yourself in so many was just by using them. You will find out my better works are ones that have the strongest ties to the crucifixion of Christ because I feel like there is so much emotion in this that it is just easy for me to write about. Being a Christian, this scene depicts the greatest of all evil, along with the greatest showing of love that this world has ever scene...of course this is how I view, I know you, more than likely, feel different about this moment in history.

Once you have people's attention, you have a greater responsibility to tell them something of value.
— Tobias Forge (Ghost B.C.)