z

Young Writers Society

where does everyone get there influences?

Random avatar

Reviews: 23
Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:10 am
tigs6969 says...

I put this in here cause its about the authours... all the authors :P
So yeah, where does everyone get their influences for writing? For me it's agatha christie who is my hero and idol etc. and also my fantasy book I'm currently writing I decided to do in the shower while listening to dragonforce who's lyric "Seven kings will ride on the wind up towards the mountains high" I'm borrowing for the start of my 5th chapter....

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:40 am
whatevr says...

Most of my inspiration comes from a widerange of places.... Like family, friends, random events in my life and the such

:D
Literally whatevr

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:10 pm
Hiadel says...

hmmmm...... I would have to say the magical random events in my life. Oh, and also the people I love! :wink:
Writing is the magical release of emotion from your fingertips. Why on earth do people wish to be wizards when you have writing!

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:57 pm
Stori says...

Seriously? My favorite authors, a few of them being:
Brian Jacques; Erin Hunter; James Patterson.

Reviews: 3
Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:39 am
LostProphet says...

Some of my inspiration comes from Ted Dekker (author of The Circle Trilogy, Adam, and many more), but most of my inspiration comes from my life and more importantly my system of beliefs (or my religion, if you will).

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Sun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm
thevoiceinside says...

I get my influences to write from my trials, life's many blessings, and from my moral beliefs (in other words, my faith).
"Life isn't about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself."

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:00 am
Auteur says...

It depends on what I'm writing. I usually write really morbid stuff, but I'm not a morbid person, I just love getting into other peoples shoes ^.^ And most of the time it works, but if I'm writing something from my own self, it's usually the things going on around me that inspire me the most.
Most people see what is and never what can be. - Albert Einstein

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:57 am
napalmerski says...

Drugs. Sex. Rock'n'roll.
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

126 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 126
Thu Mar 11, 2010 11:26 am
Day says...

I get my inspiration from every book I read. I always take something out of each book and think about how it would add to or create a good book/story. Apart from other published books I enjoy taking nitpicks out of videogames and thinking about how they would make a good story. Lastly its whatever kind of mood I am in or my current emotions.
"If the king doesn't lead, how can he expect his subordinates to follow?"

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:38 pm
View Likes
AspiringAuthorA..M. says...

napalmerski wrote:Drugs. Sex. Rock'n'roll.

I hope you aren't serious man.

Well, I just write things. But I guess I can say some of the horrific happenings around me have creeped into my work. Though, mostly it is just what happens to spontaneously come to mind.
"Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die; and whoever lives by believing in me will never die. Do you believe this?”
-John 11:25-26

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:55 pm
Hippie says...

Well the book I'm writing now was pretty much from imagination with lots of influence from other fantasy books, friends and movies. My plan for the next book started off with me joining two funny stories people told me to make a character.

The first was at school one of the kids said "you suck miss" and the teacher said "yes very well in fact, not that you'll ever find out."

The second was one of my uncle's friends broke his elbow and went to hospital. An inexperienced student doctor came in to treat him and said "this won't hurt" so my uncle's friend grabbed him by the balls and said "I'll let you know when it stops hurting."

Those two incidents were the basis for the main character (and yes, I'll include those as well).
Q: Where do you go to buy shoes?

A: At the shoez canal, lol.

Kindness is the language the deaf can hear and the blind can see.
— Mark Twain