z

Young Writers Society

About Maat...

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:22 pm
Maat says...

Name: Maat
Origin: I am an egyptian mythology or well all mythology freak, Maat was the egyptian goddess of truth, balance, justice and order. She helped make the world out of chaos.
What I Write: fantasy and mystery....

if you have any other questions, fire away...

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:39 pm
Maat says...

Some more about me...

I am a Sci-Fi/Mortal Combat Gamer Junkie. I am both a Trekie and a War-ie (as me and my friends call it). As for Sci Fi favorites Dune, Battlestar Gallatica, and many others...

Top favorite Star Wars Characters are: Han Solo, Yoda, Qui-gon jinn, and Leia. I don't particularly like the newest Star Wars as much as I adore the old ones.

Favorite Games: Mortal Combat and Sonic...I heart Sonic

Favorite Book Series: Dune (I just finished it...) and Ursula LeGuin's Wizard of Earthsea quartetish.

Favorite Though Prevoking Author: Annie Dillard

Favorite Quote of all time -
Eskimo: "If I did not know about God and sin, would I go to hell?"
Priest: "No, not if you did not know."
Eskimo: "Then why did you tell me?"

- Pilgrim at Tinker Creek, Annie Dillard

Favorite Color: any of the various shades of dark green

Favorite Film: Goodbye Lenin! - amazing german film, everyone should watch it...

Favorite Animated Movie: tied for 1st Mulan and The Emperor's New Groove

Favorite Play: Barefoot in the Park by Neil Simon, also a very good movie with Jane Fonda and Robert Redford

Favorite Foods: Cheese Ravoli at Mona Lisa's, Anthony's Coleslaw, Pad Tai at Lemongrass, well and Top Ramen (a poor students best friend)

Favorite Bands/Musicians: The Doors, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Miles Davis, Marsalis Brothers, Duke Ellington, Boxcar Racer, Louis XIV, Franz Ferdinand, and The Beatles

Favorite Stand Up Comics: Eddie Izzard, Greg Giraldo, and Adam Ferrara

Favorite TV Show: The Daily Show and Comedy Central Presents, well that and Futurama and Family Guy, I swear Comedy Central is like the only channel that's ever on in my house

Currently, what am I doing: Studying Art History and Architecture at San Fran State and trying to live, thats about it really, oh and attempting to get over that my gay roomate gets more than I do.

ermmm....

nothing else much to say really...if I think of anything I'll post it...
It's the Death Star.
What does it do?
It does DEATH...

My computer beat me at chess, but it was no match for me in kickboxing.

Never put a sock in a toaster.

Politics: “Poli” a Latin word meaning “many”; and "tics" meaning “bloodsucking creatures"

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content