39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:00 am
View Likes
sugarxsnow says...

Hi.

I'm Kate.

Known best as Sugar here on YWS.

Hailed from the land of Failzilla (yes, yes, hold your applause, thank you very much) and have sailed far and wide to reach the epic continent of The Young Writers Society.

Famous for her eccentric personality, inclination to dark stuff full of grim and gory awesomeness and the tendency to mess tenses up in all the crap - err - literature she writes. Is a fan of children's literature. Loves the work of Neil Gaiman, JK Rowling, and Hans Christian Andersen. Has a fetish for formal English used in humorously epic manners.

Is deranged.

Is an endangered specie of Idiot, guaranteed 99.99999999999% percent active in idiocy and moronic deeds all the time. Reason? Half of brain has been consumed by brain-eating zombies during the earlier years of martyrdom.

Hates labels. Those things can suck on my big, cheesy toenail.

Has a very prominent addiction to sugar, caffeine, and ice cubes. HAS AN OBSESSION WITH COFFEE. My motto? Because I'm cool like that.

Favorite flavors of ice cream are cookies and cream, coffee crumble, mocha and pistachio. Favorite snack is potato chips, usually consumed when writing crack - errm! - stories.

Has a split-personality crisis. One minute, very sweet and bubbly, and in the next...

...KATE ANGRY. KATE SMASH.

Is a shameless pervert. Is into --oi and sm--. Censored. It's bad for the kids. Thinks older than she is. Acts younger than she is. Is obsessed with blood. And gore. And blood. And more blood. And did I mention blood? Because I'm morbid like that.

So there.

Have yourself a fantastic day. Try not to die today, okay? Just try not to.

Love,

Kate
"A fish bit my hand this morning, and everything became trippy. Now with this coke and this cherry, I can beautifully rule the world!"

-Dino, @ Dino and Cake's Adventures in La-La Land (Coming Soon)

PS: "Alice in Wonderland" obsessed? You bet.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:20 am
foxfire says...

OOOHHH...i like your type, Kate (claps out of a thousand in the audience!)...

blood, gore, blood..
you're like the hulk! Split personality is cool...your a bit like me...

anyway, bad kate for being a shameless pervert...

anyway, with your "special" personality...what kind of writing do you do?
anything grim and adark you have worked already...?? it will be interesting...hehehe
John McClane: Drop it. It's the police.
Tony: You won't hurt me.
John McClane: Oh, yeah? Why not?
Tony: Because you're a policeman. There are rules for policemen.
John McClane: Yeah. That's what my captain keeps telling me

39 Reviews

Tue Feb 02, 2010 8:32 am
sugarxsnow says...

You like my type? Man, that's sweet of you. :3

The Hulk? OHYESINDEED. 8D Kate is awesome and strong and awesome like that. But I think you mean Jekyll and Hyde. XD

Blood and gore is entertainment for me, yes, thank you very much. :twisted: Split personality? Yeah. I often change moods in the blink of an eye. Today, it's cheerful and oh-so-darn-bubbly you'd get a high blood pressure just by looking at me straight in the eye because of overexposure to pure bubbly brightness.

I write all kinds of stuff. Fluff, angst, horror, suspense, psych, bloody action, whatever I feel like. Even romance. It's fun to be spontaneous. Yes, I've worked on grim and dark things lately... most of my stuff consists of grim and dark awesomeness, check out my portfolio if you like... NYAHAHAHAHA. :twisted: Also, did I mention that I am a big fan of Anime and Manga? I especially like Katekyo Hitman Reborn! Have you heard of it? It's so awesome. Anyway, I'm glad you find this interesting! XD I'm interested in you as well, so... tell me more about yourself, ne~?

~Kate
"A fish bit my hand this morning, and everything became trippy. Now with this coke and this cherry, I can beautifully rule the world!"

565 Reviews

Reviews: 565
Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:18 pm
Stori says...

You like blood and gore? Watch "Wolf's Rain."

39 Reviews

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:51 pm
sugarxsnow says...

Watched that. :D

111 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:16 am
foxfire says...

Wow...we have some common....hehehe

hey, you're not the only one with mood swings...

my favourite is elfen lied. I love it so much. How about yours?

Wow,so when you write horror, what's your style...do you depict graphic gore or just a haunting feeling?
My horror is usually on the depiction of surreal object or deformed creatures and the twisted reality the characters live in. I want blood depiction as well but that might make the story sick to a few people...who might nag that i should not write such things.

though i am planning a story that depicts on a death match where the contestants have no desire but to kill each other.

39 Reviews

Thu Feb 11, 2010 10:08 pm
sugarxsnow says...

We have the same style, nice! But I sometimes portray fear as something solid and tangible, and sometimes surreal. See my story, Alice Who Lives Down the Rabbit Hole, if you would like. :D

My current favorite is Katekyo Hitman Reborn! It's awesome, really. I even have my little fan collection here at home (figurines, drama CDs, even Reborn's fedora for heck's sake :lol:)... I'm still starting on EL, though... I'm still in the first few episodes, but I think I'll get through it quick. It is very good. :D

I'll watch out for your story. That sounds cool. ;)

111 Reviews

Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:29 am
foxfire says...

I am currently reading one of your stories though i might take some time to review it. :lol:

Here is the link to my first story in which my use of surreal and horror appeared. :)
http://www.youngwriterssociety.com/topic56046.html

Oh, tell me what's it about you favorite anime? :smt004

My current favorite is Elfen Lied! I am so in love with the story. Other anime i am inspired are higurashi and haibane renmai..anything that is surreal.

39 Reviews

Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:58 pm
sugarxsnow says...

Yes, I'll read but may take time to review, too... XD

Katekyo Hitman Reborn? It's about Tsuna, a no-good Japanese student who studies at Namimori Middle School, who was visited by the Vongola IX's most trusted mafioso, Reborn, to announce him as the next mafia boss of the renowned Vongola Famiglia. It is Reborn's job to whip no-good Tsuna into shape... if Tsuna fails, though, well... He is an assassin.

It sounds serious and all that, but it's actually really really wacky and comedic. XD Watch out for Hibari, Mukuro and Byakuran. They're the best in the series, so far. Don't forget Reborn and Colonello, too! Lots of fun with these guys.

I'm on episode one of Elfen. I plan to finish the series by the first of March. XD

Reviews: 0
Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:40 pm
0isin says...

foxfire wrote:OOOHHH...i like your type, Kate (claps out of a thousand in the audience!)...

blood, gore, blood..
you're like the hulk! Split personality is cool...your a bit like me...

anyway, bad kate for being a shameless pervert...

anyway, with your "special" personality...what kind of writing do you do?
anything grim and adark you have worked already...?? it will be interesting...hehehe

Sorry if this is rude, but do you call yourself a writer? You don't even know the difference between "You're" and "Your".

Sorry if this is being a dick, but you don't even capitalize your letters, not that it's bad, but bad form, in a sense.

Sorry about this.

Anyway,

I find gory movies far too unrealistic, in a hilarious fashion. I love when they go from nothing happening to blood being spurted onto the screen.

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak