z

Young Writers Society

About dragon-breath (my avie) AKA Fishr :D

362 Reviews

Reviews: 362
Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:15 pm
Fishr says...

First, I don't have dragon-breath! :lol: But I got your attention, didn't I? :wink:
Well, I'm fairly new here, so decided to say "Hola", and bore the crap out of everyone in the process.

My name's Jessica, AKA Jess. My hobbies include collecting various things, such as Arizona bottles, collector's cards(you name it, I've probably started collecting it), knives, cat nicknack's(cats are one of my favorite animal), dragon or wolf nicknack's, and shoes(don't ask, lol). Other hobbies I'm engaged in are biking, aggressive sports, fishing(21 years now), target shooting, watching mixed martial arts tourneys, hiking, outdoorsy stuff in general.

Pretty active, huh? :) As for writing; I've been doing that as long as I can remember. It is kind of required in school, lol. But in the earlier years, like fourth grade some of my work was often used as examples of the correct way to tell a story. If anyone has read my pieces, I tend to use adjectives, a lot! :shock: The other thing that helped me to hone in on stories was that I LOVED to draw; still do. I fancied color and coal pencils and sat for hours sketching. I used my art to help me form character. Weird, huh? So much for reading, lol.

It was like that for most of my school years; sketch then write. Reading was an added bonus too. 8) When I finally graduated, I was in an awful slump - writer's block. I didn't have any more assignments, to give me ideas, and produce these exotic stories. (My newer story, in the Sci-Fi section is an example of what I mean by exotic). I graduated late - at 19 years old and for two years - nothing. A year later, I realized how much I had love it and missed writing. So, I decided to dabble in it again.

I consider myself very rusty and will forever be hard on myself, until I find my "flow" again. I miss it. :cry:

Misc. Info-
Fav. colors: Black, hunter green and dark red.

Other than that; here's a pillow. Told ya you would be snoozing! :wink:

Edit, stupid comp. :evil:
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Mon Oct 24, 2005 4:18 pm
Halloween says...

I know how you feel. I myself sometimes have a hard time finding inspiration without an assignment to prod me along. However, I did notice that inspiration can come from very strange places. About a week ago I was taking out the garbage and had a flash of a great idea for a story. Now all I have to do is get off my lazy butt and write it. Well actually, I wouldn't want to write standing, so I should technically get on my lazy butt... Anyway, my point is that great ideas are everywhere. You don't always need to look for them, you just need to keep you mind open to let them in.
Hey kid... Want some candy?

362 Reviews

Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:04 am
Fishr says...

Thank you, Halloween. That is great advice. Whatever story your about to write, I'll read it. PM me a link when its posted. I'm not very good at critquing but again, I'll be glad to read it.

What's it about? :wink: Do we get a preview? :D
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

173 Reviews

Reviews: 173
Tue Oct 25, 2005 12:46 pm
J. Haux says...

I used my art to help me form character. Weird, huh?
No it is NOT! I do the same thing. :)

Your flow will return with practice.

Agressive sports?

Like what?You probably need to hit me with that pillow. I'm not a morning person--wake me up some more! I enjoyed reading about you, Jess. And I like a Perfect World. Exotic...imaginative...:D

~Jacquie~
SPEW to You

362 Reviews

Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:48 am
Fishr says...

Agressive sports?

Like what?You probably need to hit me with that pillow. I'm not a morning person--wake me up some more! I enjoyed reading about you, Jess. And I like a Perfect World. Exotic...imaginative
I have dabbled in basketball, football, baseball, aggressive rollerblading, (grinding or going off jumps type of thing) skateboarding, street hockey, BMX (except with a mountain bike, lol). I think that's about it, as far as sports go, lol. I am more surprised I am still standing, without any serious injuries.

I hear being sprayed with the garden hose does wonders for non-moring people like us! But personally, if anyone ever did that to me...Well you know what they say: Revenege is sweeter!! :lol:

I really apperiate the compliment, Jacquie. :D Thank you very much. :P
Have a nice night or day or pick which one you like better, lol. :wink:
Jess

I want to understand you, I study your obscure language.
— Alexander Pushkin