z

Young Writers Society

The Name's Tori, Pleased To Meet Ya

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:19 pm
tori1234 says...

So, obviously my name is Tori (not in real life though, my real name is something completely different).

I have been reading since the age of two, and that's an accomplishment that I am very proud of. I have always been writing, though I never wanted to be a writer until I was 7 (in second grade).

My favorite books are the Harry Potter Series. I consider myself a Harry Potter freak and proud of it. I have read Twilight, though I don't really think much of it. It's a cute little story but also a waste of my time. (No offense to all of you fan girls out there). Though I am obseesed with Taylor Lautner and his abs. lol. I love the classics. Hand me a classic, and I WILL read it.

I am fascinated with our wonderful world's languages. I'm taking Spanish write now, and I'm sad that we aren't allowed to take more than 1 language at a time. I've done the math, so I figured out that I can only take 2 different languages during my high school career and still get full credit. If I can, I would love to be fluent, if not familiar, in these languages-
-Spanish
-French
-Italian
-Hebrew
-Greek
-Latin

I don't know why, but I love England and all the countries in Europe. I think it's because of the history there. I live in America, and our history only dates back 402 years, but the European history is endless. (Obviously I'm exaggerating.) I love British accents, it just sounds so proper. (Anybody who knows me knows that I'm a proper person and a English girl at heart.) I love learning about England royalty, and I'm currently reading The Six Wives of Henry VIII by Alison Weir. I'm about 50 pages in, but I love it already. :D

I am also a Southerner and proud of it. I do not believe in having slaves, I am just proud of my heritage. Southern Pride is being able to admit that we lost to the yanks and still hold our head up high, not caring if people think we're holding onto a "lost cause".

Thank you for your time, please come again!

Have a great day!

GOD BLESS!!!!! :D
Last edited by tori1234 on Thu Feb 18, 2010 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

152 Reviews

Reviews: 152
Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:20 pm
Musicaloo7311 says...

Hi, Tori! I see I've come across another Southerner! Although I moved to the south... Haha.
Click-ity click! Reviews here. :)
The Completely Evil Plan.

"You treat me badly; I love you madly."
Formerly known as music_lover_7311.

29 Reviews

Reviews: 29
Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:04 pm
jok101 says...

You do know that barely anyone has a real British accent sorry it's the sad truth I mean some politicians and people have them but their the kind of people that got bullied at school again the sad truth *if theirs anyone out their reading this and taking offence sorry I'm just generalizing as an Brit myself* I've never seem or read twilight but as a guy I generally just think good movie bad book sorry.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:54 pm
Lauren says...

Hi tori!
An interesting read indeed :) You mention liking classics, so as a massive classic fan myself, might I enquire which you like? If you have not read it before, then you MUST read 'Jane Eyre'. That is mandatory for all girls.
It's nice to hear you like England. It certainly is nice, but not nearly so nice as all the Jane Austens and so on make out. Well, maybe once it was. That accent you talk of... well, I wish! Only the minority speak like that. Have you heard the Northern accent? I generally find that Americans are much more acquainted with the Southern "queen's english" accent. The Yorkshire accent is the biz.

I am also a Southerner and proud of it.

I've only ever been to New York, but the South does look pretty. Very romantic. The accent's great!

75 Reviews

Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:55 am
tori1234 says...

jok101- yeah, i heard about the accent stuff, but even if a person a has very slight British accent, I think they are totally awesome!

lhighton- I have read half-way through Jane Eyre in 6th grade, but I'm going to pick it up again very soon! My favorite classic has to be Gone With the Wind (I told you I'm a Southerner!) Have you ever read it before?
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Mar 05, 2009 4:54 pm
View Likes
Lauren says...

I haven't actually, but a lot of people have told me it's really good. I don't like the look of the film, though!

75 Reviews

Fri Mar 06, 2009 8:17 pm
tori1234 says...

Don't worry, the book is SO much better!
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

Random avatar

Reviews: 2
Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:30 am
Siiham says...

Hello
welcome again to the YWS, hope you find everything you need here.
if you face troubles, just ask for help, and everyone will help, be sure.
okay, enjoy been here.
Siham

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:21 pm
Windy Silvermist says...

I've read the book its o.k. but I'm not going to pretend to be drooling over him. I am impressed however with Stephanies ability to pull of a book about a guy who loves a girl but want to kill the girl at the same time without making it the stupidest story on earth. Anyhow I forgot what else you wrote about, Tori but anyway I like Harry Potter too ( I'm pretty sure you said that) Anyway enjoy it here and all that stuff!
“The truth is, of course, that what one regards as interruptions are precisely one's life.”

"You must ask for God's help. ... After each failure, ask forgiveness, pick yourself up, and try again."
-C.S. Lewis

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:17 am
View Likes
ameria.rain says...

I STARTED READING WHEN I WAS TWO TOO!!! AND I REALIZED I WANTED TO WRITE WHEN I WAS ABOUT 7 OR 8!!!

omg tori...we're twins!! hehe :)

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:25 am
View Likes
How2EataRhesus says...

I am also a Southerner and proud of it.

Whoo! Roll Tide. xD

Europe, I agree, seems a lot more interesting. I can't wait to get out of the US. *pokes location*
'Nobody has ever measured, not even poets, how much the heart can hold.' - Zelda Sayre Fitzgerald

75 Reviews

Tue May 12, 2009 8:33 pm
tori1234 says...

About four people have commented on my "I'm a Southerner and proud of it" remark, and I will remark on my own remark.

"Nothing's sweeter than some Southern pride!"
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Wed May 13, 2009 10:54 pm
Mira says...

Tori, it's amazing how much we have in common!

First of all, I'm a Southerner too! :) Secondly, I am in love with all of Europe, particularly France and England! It's just amazing that we share those in common. :)

Harry Potter is an amazing series! :) Which one was your favorite?

And reading when you were two! Amazing! It took me till second grade to really get into it... :) Anyway, that's super coolio!
"Smiles make the world go round." ~ Me

75 Reviews

Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:44 pm
tori1234 says...

I love how there is so many people on here that I have things in common with! Especially about that Southern thing. Maybe I should start a group called "Southern and Proud of It" lol (maybe......)
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama

553 Reviews

Reviews: 553
Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:15 pm
MiaParamore says...

Hi tori( I know it's not your real name),
I am new at YWS so didn't read your intro before.Anyways I am too fascinated by Europe,I don't know why, but specially Italy.Well I have different views on twilight and HP series.I hate Harry Potter parts and is a big fan of Twilight.According to me,HP series need lot of concentration and I go with light reads.I too like classics and you must read Jane Austen's EMMA.
shubhiloves2write
"Next time you point a finger
I might have to bend it back
Or break it, break it off
Next time you point a finger
I'll point you to the mirror"

— Paramore

“Hope” is the thing with feathers - That perches in the soul - And sings the tune without the words - And never stops - at all -
— Emily Dickinson