z

Young Writers Society

About Ryan Spiegel - purifier

Reviews: 1
Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:47 pm
purifier says...

Hey, I love writing. I have been writing for as long as I can remember. The only problem with my writing is I never plan it and then I just fail to finish.
I was born in Puyallup, Washington. I lived there for almost a year when I moved to California, where I lived until I was twelve years old. We then moved to Idaho, where I have lived ever since (so far, four years).

I like to play lots of different games, ranging from old NES games to CS: Source. I also like to animate in Flash and do graphics design in Photoshop. My favorite anime that I am currently watching is Naruto (currently in Japanese, will be on Toonami in U.S. September 10, though I prefer the Japanese ones).

I have a chiuaua (I think that's how it's spelt) named Jerry. I'm currently a Junior in highschool and I'm not sure whether I'm going to go in a writing career or a programming career, so I'm taking both classes.

My favorite music I listen to can be put under the genre of Hard Rock, I guess (though some places put it under Metal). My favorite band of all time is Slipknot. My favorite book(s) is the Wheel of Time. I am only on the sixth book so far, but I can't read further because the print was messed up and it's missing pages and has like 20 pages in there twice...

This is all I can think of about myself as of right now.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:04 pm
View Likes
Ego says...

My favorite band of all time is Slipknot

Okay, you're cool.

Hi, I'm Hunter, nice to meet you--see that Avatar right there, under my name? Yeah, that's Mick Thompson--guitarist for Slipknot--they rule all!

Anway....glad to see you made it here, hopefully you'll post some stuff for us to read eh?
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:12 am
View Likes
Rei says...

I second that. I love anime! I haven't seen much Naruto though, since I can't download because my computer SUCKS. What other anime do you like? Right now I'm into Inu Yasha and Gundam Seed. My uncle has actually worked on some anime that was translated in Toronto.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:16 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Naruto's pretty sick....I dun care for Gundam that much any more...and Inu Yasha...just no.
Got YWS? I do.

685 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:23 am
View Likes
Rei says...

What's wrong with Inu Yasha? Besides, forgive my impoliteness, but I was asking Ryan, not you.

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:43 am
View Likes
purifier says...

Well, I got some of the Inu Yasha dvd's, but they had like 1-3 and then it skipped to the 18th dvd, so haven't watched much (I don't like skipping around). I kinda like Bleach (though I've only seen one). I don't know of any other anime's. I prefer anime's in their original Japanese.

Oh, and yeah, I guess I can post up something I've written, but I tend not to finish anything, so... we'll see ^_^.

685 Reviews

Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:54 am
View Likes
Rei says...

Isn't Inu Yasha on any American channels? It's been on YTV for a long time. I've seen pretty much every episode they've shown. But maybe we got it first since it was dubbed in Vancouver. I also like watching in in Japanese better. Unfortunately I can't afford to buy DVDs all the time. So I gotta stick to English most of the time. But I did find a Japanese VHS of a Sailor Moon movie months before it was played on YTV in English. It was so funny seeing the dubbed version. It's so badly translated!

Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:53 am
View Likes
purifier says...

Yeah, it's on Adult Swim, but I don't ever watch that (I don't know why, I don't watch television very often.). By the way, I started up a blog (finally saw the blog button), so if anybody cares, you can, you know, click on the blog link and have a look. :)

Oh, I also posted up what I have written so far on a scifi story I'm working on: forum/viewtopic.php?t=4220 to look at it.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:00 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Um.....yeah Rei--all I did was comment on the ones you mentioned--I didn't even refer to your question....just commenting...

and Ryan--I'll check that story out straight away!
Got YWS? I do.

Look, a good poem is a poem that exists. Any poem you write is better than the poem you don't.
— WeepingWisteria