z

Young Writers Society

Writing for life.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Mon Dec 08, 2008 6:36 pm
View Likes
dr paradise says...

I have been writing for many years and it is the best experience I have ever had. Learning to write well must be put off until a person learns to read well, acquire some fundamental skills and become so motivated that writing is an important part of the day.

Writing can be for many reasons and a few include, making a living, educating others, creating design and detail or just offering reading pleasure to the world. I write for several reasons, but the biggest reason is to put my thoughts into the hands of my great-great-grandchildren, and others. When you place an element of your life onto paper, you are in effect extending your life's work far into the future and at the same time adding to the life of others. Even poorly written books can be beneficial to certain others. I can vouch for some poorly written material that has kept my editors busy and in pocket money.

If you have a talent, use it. If you have in interest in writing, do it. If you want to offer something to the future, then do just that, but whatever you do, think twice about what you write, who is going to read it and why you are writing it. Write for the good of others.

As I said, I have been writing for quite some time. The five book series coming out this year and early next has taken five or six years to accomplish. Writing is not the problem. It is the proofing, editing, rewriting, and marketing that takes so long, but you can become a writer at any age. The two books of the series that are now on the market at Amazon are, A beckoning From Paradise and Secrets of Paradise provide a very good start to the series and also builds the foundation for the rest of the series and the series to follow. That's right, there is a five book series in the making after the one coming out now. There is no publication date on the second series as of yet, but we are working hard to get the second series finished, and it is about two-thirds finished.

I think my principles have proven to be pretty close on target. I have a daughter that began reading at age two and a half, and skipped every grade in school to start college very early. She has also written her own book and is one of the editors of my books. You can see her name under mine at Amazon. You never know how far you can go until you begin. Dr Robert E McGinnis Teacher-retired

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Mar 02, 2010 5:11 am
View Likes
napalmerski says...

Yo, Dr Robert,
respect for fiddling with the internet and writing books when most..contemporaries...just give in to the creeping fog.
It would be great if you pasted a chapter or two in one of the literary forums, or a book or portion of it, for a limited time, in the advanced critique section.
I make no promises to review, but I'm certain someone somewhere will, and especilly if it's a 12 - 15 year old kid, the result should be very itneresting for everyone.
she got a dazed impression of a whirling chaos in which steel flashed and hacked, arms tossed, snarling faces appeared and vanished, and straining bodies collided, rebounded, locked and mingled in a devil's dance of madness.
Robert Howard

I would be a terrible novel protagonist.
— mellifera