z

Young Writers Society

Me, Myself, Carmina

51 Reviews

Reviews: 51
Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:16 am
View Likes
Carmina says...

I never introduced myself when I joined the site back in May, so I guess I'll attempt to remedy that. However, this is the internet so I don't give out my real name or post pictures. I like a certain amount of anonimity on the net. Besides, my real name doesn't have anything to do with who I am. I chose the name Carmina as a reference to my favorite piece of music "Carmina Burana" by Carl Orff.

As for why I am on this site to choose a name at all, well you can blame a friend of mine for that. He posts on the site and told me that I should as well since I like to write. He also assured me that I wasn't too old. I'm 27. After spending some time here, I do think that I am a bit old. But, I like the site and no one has asked me to leave yet (please don't). I like to write but hadn't in 3 years before coming here. Since then, I have started writing poetry and short stories again. This site has given me motivation, and I am grateful.

For more info about me, feel free to check out my blog. But, if you want a brief bio... I'm 27, have a BA in English Lit, California native, Gemini. I have a dog, 2 newts, a lizard, 2 fiddler crabs, and more fish than I can count. I'm getting married in September and couldn't be more stressed out. If you are dying to know more, I will asnwer any question asked. I am actually a pretty open person. I've even been told that I lack filters. :wink:
I reject your reality and substitute my own

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Fri Jul 29, 2005 2:04 pm
View Likes
Emma says...

Wow! You're getting married?!

Great news!!

And your work amazes me, please write a book and sell it, you're work is amazing!! :D

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:21 am
View Likes
Ego says...

Ah, my poor sweet filterless Carmina...

Anyway...glad to see you finally introduced yourself!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Fri Oct 14, 2005 7:37 am
View Likes
Quiz says...

California native, Gemini. I have a dog, 2 newts, a lizard, 2 fiddler crabs, and more fish than I can count.

No wonder you're such a great writer...you're a Caligirl...

Props for the animals! I have a dog (what a mutt) and a lizard, myself. (That lizard won't live long, my sister brought him home from a pond she and my father went to early in September--he's got to be on his last legs)

Married? Congratulations!

--Q
"I wish not to be understood, but to understand...I wish not to be loved, but to love!"
--Clare of Assissi

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 16, 2005 6:44 am
Snoink says...

...psst! You forgot the part about being one of the best writers on YWS!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:06 am
View Likes
Fireweed says...

if anybody tries to tell you your too old for yws, hit them with your cane!!! :twisted: lol just kidding!!! your avvie is purdy. :D
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

"There is nothing to fear from someone who shouts."
— Chinua Achebe, Things Fall Apart