Young Writers Society

a brief bio au moi

147 Reviews

Reviews: 147
Thu Jun 09, 2005 1:03 am
sabradan says...

Hi everybody!

*echoes: Hi, Doctor Nick!*

My name is Dan Sanders. I am 18 years old and living in Wheeling, Illinois, USA currently, although at the end of this summer I will be moving to Carbondale, Illinois, for college! w00t!

Although I am living in America right now, if any of you with knowledge of the middle east should be able to tell by my screen name, I was born in Israel. (sn=sabradan. My name=Dan, sabra=1.nickname for a native born Israeli, and 2. a hard desert plant of the cactus family) So, I'm Israeli born and bred, but my parents were American immigrants to Israel, so I have DUAL citizenship, which makes me EXTRA cool!

Anyway, I love to write. I write things ranging from poetry to "short" fiction, to essays, to lyrics, and anything else I choose to write about. I have actually won a few awards for my writing, too.

In my spare time when I'm NOT writing, I like to do many things. I like to play sports, especially Baseball and soccer, I play guitar, I play Warhammer and Warhammer 40K, and other things related to that hobby. My freinds and I make movies alot. In fact, we call ourselves "Propellar mouth productions"--thats our "company". I also watch family guy religiously.

Speaking of religion, I am of the Jewish faith, and am relatively religious. That means, I keep Kosher, I go to temple a few times a month, etc.

Well, I think thats pretty much just about it, well, I hope you enjoy!

See ya!

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jun 09, 2005 8:09 pm
Bobo says...

Heyo! Welcome to YWS, sabradan! I see you've been around the debate forum already lol. Hope you like us here and hope you stick around for a while!

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:51 pm
Shriek says...

Hi Dan! -Waves- Hope you have a great experience on these forums.

So let me get this straight. Your parents were Americans, moved to Isreal (where you were born), and then came back to Illinois?
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Jun 09, 2005 9:57 pm
Firestarter says...

play Warhammer and Warhammer 40K, and other things related to that hobby

w00t! Yes! Someone else!

What armies do you play/paint? At the moment I'm finishing off a 1500pt Iron Warriors Army, and probably finishing off my Imperial Guard or World Eaters. What about you?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

147 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:31 am
sabradan says...

[quote="Firestarter"][quote] play Warhammer and Warhammer 40K, and other things related to that hobby[/quote]

w00t! Yes! Someone else!

What armies do you play/paint? At the moment I'm finishing off a 1500pt Iron Warriors Army, and probably finishing off my Imperial Guard or World Eaters. What about you?[/quote]

2000pts of DE for fantasy
starting a new marine army and about 500 pts of IG. You're on the B&C?

[quote]Hi Dan! -Waves- Hope you have a great experience on these forums.

So let me get this straight. Your parents were Americans, moved to Isreal (where you were born), and then came back to Illinois?[/quote]
Yes
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Jun 10, 2005 10:35 am
Zion says...

Welcome welcome, I love 18 year olds on this forum cuz it reasures me that im not the only freak around :P j/k
Anyway welcome dan. Can I call you Dan? :D im Cyril im from macedonia. ::sigh:: if you too dont know where macedonia is please go to www.google.com :P about Warhammer, sadly I only get to play the PC game Dawn of War. ELdar alll the waaay maybe a bit Space Marines as well. Im more into Magic the Gathering and D&D. Enjoy your stay :D
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Fri Jun 10, 2005 1:16 pm
Firestarter says...

2000pts of DE for fantasy
starting a new marine army and about 500 pts of IG. You're on the B&C?

Yes! I'm shadowdragonjacko. You didn't happen to click on the link in my signature, did you?
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

147 Reviews

Fri Jun 10, 2005 5:11 pm
sabradan says...

[quote="Firestarter"][quote]2000pts of DE for fantasy
starting a new marine army and about 500 pts of IG. You're on the B&C? [/quote]

Yes! I'm shadowdragonjacko. You didn't happen to click on the link in my signature, did you?[/quote]

nah....not at all...
"He who takes a life...it is as if he has destroyed an entire world....but he who saves one life, it is as if he has saved the world entire" Talmud Sanhedrin 4:5

!Hasta la victoria siempre! (Always, until Victory!)
-Ernesto "Che" Guevarra

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Fri Jun 10, 2005 8:23 pm
Kay Kay says...

Welcome!!! I hope you have fun here.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:18 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Welcome Dan! I'm one of the crazy misfits here.

im Cyril im from macedonia. ::sigh::

but Arvy don't sigh, we love you even if you are from where...oh that's right macedonia....

cheers CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Thu Jul 28, 2005 11:53 pm
MaitrePrinceRebel says...

sabradan wrote: I also watch family guy religiously

Hello....marry me..haha

We are all apprentices in a craft where no one ever becomes a master.
— Ernest Hemingway