z

Young Writers Society

Sad Story...boo hoo...

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon May 16, 2005 1:32 am
daria_TV says...

My life sucked. My grandpa had just died and now my unborn nephew was due to be born and his life was also to be taken. He had

annensephaly, a rare disease where a baby is born with no brain. The ordeal was hard for my whole family and thinking back on it makes

my hands tremble and my stomach queasy with sadness. I live with my fifty year old parents and my grandma. My beloved siblings go to

a college four hours away from where I live, so all the things that make me happy have been torn away from me. My parents both work

leaving me mostly to fend for myself. Before, when my sister lived at home, things where better. My mom didn't work and she had plenty

of time for us. But when my sister left for school, we had 4 people in college, and my dad was paying for all of them. Finacially we where

going downward. Luckily my mom had recieved her degree in teaching and whoopdy doo for her, she got to go bring bacon while I had to

figure out how to grow up by myself. It was as if the band between us had snapped and I was falling. The sad part is...she didn't look

back. She didn't even try to help me, or even tie the rope.

Anyway, to make a long story short, things where hard. I was, of course, willing to change and adjust, but I never really did. My

parents where never really there either. My dad watched TV almost all the time, and my mom was too busy with her students. I missed

them being there. They used to give me chores, hang my good grades up on the fridge, tell me they loved me. They even used to do

stuff with me. Now theres nothing there. And believe it or not I actually miss the chores. I feel so alone, and I haven't seen my siblings

for so long its as if they're dead to me. I don't believe my parents dislike me. I just think they don't care. They're too old. Usually, at this

age, parents are going on cruises or buying cabins or something. Not still taking care of a cruddy teenager. Even though this neglect still

goes on now...I don't have the heart to tell them how I feel. They've worked so hard just to keep the family going...

Now these past couple of weeks I've been going to the library every saturday. I never knew my life could be so fullfilling. I never new

that there was so much time I could take up with a book. My life started to improve, and things started looking upward. I'd get all

different kinds of books. Historical Fiction, Fiction, Science Fiction, Fantasy and many more. It was as if a whole new world was opened

and I was running through it at full speed with a smile on my face. Just yesterday my dad found a fantasy book that I'd gotten from the

library. My dad's not too fond of fantasy and he's told me countless times that he disapproves of my interest in it. We'd spend hours

arguing over it. He finds it dangerous. That its roots are evil and that he can see its affecting me. (well how would he frikin know what

affects me? He spends hours a day watching flippin TV!). Well last night he said that he doesn't want to ever see it in his house ever

again. He "forbids" me or anybody else that lives in this house to bring any fantasy book or movie into this vacinity ever...again. Of

course, being the "rebelious teenager" I am, I'm not going to follow this rule. For one, I don't agree with it. And two, I will not be scared

of him. My father doesn't beat me, but he thrives on intimidation and fear. I will not give into that.

My mom has been trying to smooth things over. She's trying to get me to see his point of view. Gag. She said that she too was

concerned with the amount of fantasy I read. I told her its stupid that this one book should cause such an uproar when I HAD been

getting different books besides fantasy. I said I was pissed off because they only noticed me when I screwed up. When I did somthing

right they didn't even give it a second thought. But when I messed up, they where right there telling me I did so.

I don't really know the point of this post, only that I have no one else in the whole world who will listen or who cares. I'm not telling

anybody that they have to read this, or even repspond to it. I'm only posting it because I need to unload it. I want so badly to be rid of it

all. I wish so badly that I could have a loving and nurturing relationship with my parents. I wish my siblings where here. I wish my friends

cared. I wish I cared.

-Daria_TV
~!~!Ich bin ein haufen mist!~!~

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Tue May 17, 2005 2:22 pm
Kay Kay says...

I'm sorry things haven't been going well for you. My life isn't exactly enjoyable either so I'm here for you. If you ever need someone to talk to you'll know where to find me. Anywayz welcome to YWS!
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:28 pm
Jennafina says...

*sniff*
I have old parents too. There not buying cruises, but the rest of this I can sort of relate too.

One thing. If you have a small computor, your double spaceing makes it really really hard to read because if goes on for the length of your computor, then goes on for a part way of the line bellow, then has a break and repeats.
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

657 Reviews

Reviews: 657
Fri Sep 09, 2005 11:57 pm
Jennafina says...

Ok, I'm back with advice. Don't hate me.

About the fantacy. Make it an adventure, a quest. Replace covers of fantacy books with books about philosophy, or astronamy, or television football or whatever your dad likes. Put them in plastic bags, glue leafs all over it, then go fishing out your bedroom window. Fishing for fantacy. Or buy your dad a book. Create a new cover for a fantacy book you really really like. Then give it to him titled somthing to do with his interests, and see what he thinks, or how long it takes him to notice you tricked him into liking your book.

What grade of students does you mom teach? Maybe you could be a TA?

Save up, then take a plain or bus to your siblings colleges, and suprise them.

This is all what I'd do. I know it's your life, and that you're 16, I'm 14, and how should I know and I should keep my nose out, but I hope you will tollerate it this time. Then I promice I'll leave. If you really do dispise this, just PM me and I'll delete my post. Don't hate me. :( :)
Jennafina's Love Your Body Already Dammit Campaign

forum353.html

(To find out what it really is, just click.)

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:44 am
daria_TV says...

hahahaha! I don't despise you! those are awsome ideas! I wrote this a long time ago so I can't remember what I put, but those are some really good ideas. I'll have to try them! thanks!

-Daria
~!~!Ich bin ein haufen mist!~!~

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Sep 12, 2005 3:45 am
Griffinkeeper says...

You're not one of those writers that believe they need to suffer to write good stories I hope.
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:18 am
zelithon says...

Your parents are the same age as mine but concidering how old me and my siblings are mine are older. Are your parents really avid in religion or somthing? I see nothing wronge with fantasy. If you can not get a book cover hide one bok behind the other when reading, it will look like you are reading the book in front.
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Some call me a legacy, others call me a hero. But I assure you, dear admirers, I am only human.
— Persistence