z

Young Writers Society

Everythiiing in its riiight place ~

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu May 12, 2005 10:13 am
IGuessImAnUnderwaterThing says...

Hey there. My name is Sierra Jasmine Skinner. I'm fifteen years old (I'll be sixteen this year!) and I live in the small town of Stephenville, Newfoundland. There's not much here, so you pretty much have to make your own fun, which, with my band of deviants isn't exactly hard. I'm in grade ten at the local high school, in the French immersion program. I'm completely fluent.

Physical appearence wise, I think I look pretty plain. I have shoulder length, layered reddish brown hair, freckles, and dark brown eyes. I have cattish lips (or so people describe them) and really pasty skin. I'm about 5'1" or 5'2". I like wearing all sorts of clothes, and I like to mixmatch things a lot. Mostly, I wear jeans and dress shirts, or sweaters. Since it's been getting warmer here, I've taken to skirts and tank-tops again, which is always quite fun. I chew my nails and I break out really easily. Besides all the random defects - which I'm sure everyone has - I think I look acceptable. Or something. Hahaha.

I'm bisexual. I fall for whoever I fall for, and sometimes that happens to be girls. I don't even believe in classifications that much, truthfully, that's just an easy way of putting it, I guess. But hey - I fall for people based on what I see in them. That's good enough for me. I've had amazing relationships with both sexes.

I don't have a lot of friends, but I have a handful of people I hold quite dear to me. On the weekends I tend to either end up in my room with three or four watching movies, or staying home to listen to music and paint. I adore painting... it's the most stress relieving thing in the world, and breathing life into things like that is just amazing. I also play guitar, or I'm learning, rather. I got my first guitar - an Alvarez acoustic - for Christmas and I'm completely in love with it.

I've been writing since I was about twelve or thirteen, and I've written over three hundred poems and quite a few short stories. I do it jus for the relaxing quality of it, I guess. I find writing poetry to be very theraputic, and writing short stories is just so fun.

I love music. Ani DiFranco is my idol, and the reason I started playing guitar. I also adore Tori Amos (thus the username), Jeff Buckley, Rufus Wainwright, Nirvana, Tool, Stone Temple Pilots, Sloan, Matthew Good Band, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, Aimee Mann, Garbage, Nine Inch Nails, Portishead, Kidney Thieves, and a million other acts. I'll listen to pretty well anything, and I openly admit that I still adore Christina Aguilera, hahahaha.

I'm a big fan of movies, and IFC is my best friend. That channel plays some ammmazing movies. My favourite movies, I think, are Fight Club, Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, Being John Malkovich, Goodbye Lenin, Run Lola Run, The Princess and The Warrior, Winter Sleepers, Battle Royale, Suicide Club, Donnie Darko, Requiem for a Dream, I Heart Huckabees, The Doom Generation, Nowhere, and A Clockwork Orange. Movies are so amazing; there's nothing I love better than snuggling up with a friend and watching a good movie.

Mmmm... what else can I say about myself? I'm in love with Mexican food, and I do yoga. I love hot showers and I hate school. I skip off far too much for my own good. Jim Henson is another of my heros, and I'm obsessed with Star Wars. I suck at mathematics. I love hot nights, starry nights, and whenever I leave my house I tend to always wind up at a playground. I'm afraid of surgery, spiders, open heights, and odd noises. I'm really jumpy.

And I reallly need to start getting ready for school.

So that's all you get for now!

Bye Bye~~~*
You're just an empty cage girl if you kill the bird.

685 Reviews

Reviews: 685
Thu May 12, 2005 6:58 pm
Rei says...

YAY! I've finally found someone else who's as into Jim Henson and Star Wars as me. Yihoo. Just about everything I write has been influenced slightly by one or both of them.
Please, sit down before you fall down.
Belloq, "Raiders of the Lost Ark"

16 Reviews

Sun May 15, 2005 2:11 pm

Awww, that's awesome! A lot of my stuff is influenced by Henson as well! And Kurt Vonnegut, who's one of my favourite writers. It's cool to hear where other people draw their inspiration from, hehehe <333

685 Reviews

Fri May 20, 2005 3:44 pm
Rei says...

So what's your favourite Henson movie? Mine is The Lybrinth, though I love The Dark Crystal almost as much.

16 Reviews

Sat May 21, 2005 10:54 pm

I love them both! Then there's the Muppets. All the Muppet movies are godlike.

Have you ever seen his "Storyteller" series? I have the DVD of all the episodes (there are nine of them) and they're so beautiful. They're all based on fairytales and fables and whatnot and they're very well done... the Death puppet in "The Soldier and Death" is so brilliant.

685 Reviews

Mon May 23, 2005 3:12 am
Rei says...

One of my novels was actually based on Labyrinth. There, I spelled it right this time. Only I strayed away from the fairy-tale style of the story and made it a teen drama with fantasy in it.

Yeah, I've seen them. I've also read various versions of tales that those were based on. It was kind of cool to see the actor who played Boromir in The Lord of the Rings when he was younger. But whenever I listened to the Storyteller's dog, I kept picturing Hoggle, because Brian Henson did a similar voice for both. Nobody could ever truly replace Henson, but Brian does a pretty good job playing Kermit. Yoda, on the other hand, will forever belong to Frank Oz. I've heard lots of good imitations of other muppet characters, but Yoda is the only one I haven't.

172 Reviews

Reviews: 172
Mon May 23, 2005 7:03 am
Shadow Knight says...

I like star wars, I have some of the games, I've seen all of the movies except ep 3, i've got most of the books (Apprentice and Quest)
Cause i'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man,
I'm a one man revolution.

Reviews: 2
Tue May 31, 2005 1:59 pm
tinkerbell_09 says...

I also love star wars. And Nirvana. By the way, tell me what Mexican food tastes like? Coz I haven't yet eaten that kind of food.
I live not because God wants me to. But because I have the will to go on.LIFE IS HARD. And I don't know why. And I don't plan to understand.

665 Reviews

Reviews: 665
Tue May 31, 2005 2:06 pm
Chevy says...

O.O You have not eaten Mexican food before? Omygosh. That's like all I EVER eat.
when there's nowhere to go, it's time to grow up.

16 Reviews

Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:14 pm

Mexican food is amaaazing, especially if it's spicy. Most of it has a lot of tang, and that's why I love it.

Good to see so many Star Wars/Nirvana/everything else fans kicking around. Hahaha.

Someday, everything is going to go right for you, and it will be so wonderful you won't even know what to do.
— Hannelore Ellicott-Chatham, Questionable Content