z

Young Writers Society

The Jack of All Trades

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Apr 13, 2005 8:48 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

My interests are startling diverse, from whitewater rafting to playing video games in a zombified state. Writing is one my many interests, along with physics, math, and basically anything else you would care to throw at me.

You might say I like the great outdoors, due to the amount of bicycling, hiking, and camping I've done with my Boy Scout Troop. My sister would say I'm a zombie, or some troll who hangs out in front of his computer all day. There is much to be said on both sides. I prefer to think that I get enough of the outdoors to not really miss it.

My life, if you haven't caught on yet, is one of incredible contrasts. I live in the state of California, near San Francisco and Sacramento, yet I'm a conservative. I wear hawaiian shirts with jeans. I like to debate and speak, but I enjoy sneaking around my house at night, just to see if I can move noiselessly (a feat which still eludes me). I can speak like an adult convincingly, yet lollygag with the guys just as easily.

You probably don't care much for where I live. All I need to tell you is that it is a pretty spot.

Even at the age of sixteen, I am attending a local Community College, where I am getting my general education along side adults. The courses are designed to take a year of a class in school and then compress it into a single semester.

It might be more interesting to note my dislikes; writing preferences aside. I dislike rap music intensly. Hip hop is not as intense, but is still a dislike. Baggy fashions annoy me as well as goth personalities. Not that goths are bad, they just are way to dramatic for my light personality.

I have an odd tendancy to like gryphons, vs. dragons, ninjas, and anything else you might find in a Japanese anime, with the exception of battlemechs. They're cool.

I enjoy playing and messing around with an ancient game called Total Annihlation, the first RTS ever. I also play FPS's like Battlefield 1942 and Mechwarrior 4. They are the three most common games.

I also am fairly level headed, so I consider myself a fair advice giver, but I doubt I'll see too much of that here.

I'm afraid that is all I can come up with of the top of my head. Certainly you all have questions. Ask away!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:36 am
Crysi says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:My interests are startling diverse, from whitewater rafting to playing video games in a zombified state. Writing is one my many interests, along with physics, math, and basically anything else you would care to throw at me.

Woohoo! Go rafting and video games!

My life, if you haven't caught on yet, is one of incredible contrasts. I live in the state of California, near San Francisco and Sacramento, yet I'm a conservative. I wear hawaiian shirts with jeans. I like to debate and speak, but I enjoy sneaking around my house at night, just to see if I can move noiselessly (a feat which still eludes me). I can speak like an adult convincingly, yet lollygag with the guys just as easily.

You probably don't care much for where I live. All I need to tell you is that it is a pretty spot.

Actually, I'd like to know where you live. No, I'm not a stalker lol. Just curious, 'cuz I live about 45 minutes east of SF.

Even at the age of sixteen, I am attending a local Community College, where I am getting my general education along side adults. The courses are designed to take a year of a class in school and then compress it into a single semester.

Nice!

It might be more interesting to note my dislikes; writing preferences aside. I dislike rap music intensly. Hip hop is not as intense, but is still a dislike. Baggy fashions annoy me as well as goth personalities. Not that goths are bad, they just are way to dramatic for my light personality.

I agree with you on everything except goths. I can have a gothic personality, although I usually try to keep it a little lighter. Some of my good friends are goths, and that's fine with me. To each his (or her) own.

I have an odd tendancy to like gryphons, vs. dragons, ninjas, and anything else you might find in a Japanese anime, with the exception of battlemechs. They're cool.

GO DRAGONS!! :D :D :D

I also am fairly level headed, so I consider myself a fair advice giver, but I doubt I'll see too much of that here.

As do I. As long as I don't horribly clash with anyone, that is.

*dances*
Love and Light

863 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Apr 18, 2005 6:51 am
Griffinkeeper says...

I just like gryphons, they represent my alma better.

Goths are okay, I guess, but I think they need to lighten up.

Come to think of it, so should poets, I can't go into the poetry section without coming out feeling like I'm bloated with wet tissues. That dirty feeling that makes you want to rip off your arm and sanitize it with a real fire.

I'll just stick to stories.

Reviews: 4
Fri Nov 18, 2005 4:15 pm
Elfcat says...

HI dude! Rafting is cool. Video games also cool. Goths...creepy.
So I'm a little left of center, I'm a little out of tune. Some say I'm paranormal, so I just bend their spoon.
Who wants to be ordinary, in a crazy mixed up world? I don't care what they're saying, as long as I'm your girl.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 30, 2005 6:54 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Funny, not many people seem to care. 'Cept for Elfcat.

Oh well.

118 Reviews

Reviews: 118
Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:14 pm
*Twilight* says...

I also despise rap and hiphop. Cause I'm a christian and mostly listen to jars of clay, kutless mercy me ect. There is christian rap but I still don't like it.
Hire people to crit your work! Get paid to crit other people's work!
The YWS crit shop: forum/viewtopic.php?t=8018

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:23 pm
Zion says...

Hawaiian shirts and jeans? Definetly a fashion nono. Not the combo but the shirts... :shock: :shock: Lose. it. NOW.

::ahem::

Why are you so in love in gryphins? Cuz for some of their aspects or something? Oh ill make you happy and tell you that Aluriel, one of my elven gods created grypohns and they live in his palace
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Wed Nov 30, 2005 8:28 pm
Duskglimmer says...

Griffinkeeper wrote:Even at the age of sixteen, I am attending a local Community College, where I am getting my general education along side adults. The courses are designed to take a year of a class in school and then compress it into a single semester.

I did that last year. I was 14 and I turned 15 at the end of the first semester. I got annoyed at the fact that no one would believe that I was 14/15. very annoyed.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

863 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Dec 01, 2005 12:41 am
Griffinkeeper says...

Arvandor wrote:Hawaiian shirts and jeans? Definetly a fashion nono. Not the combo but the shirts... :shock: :shock: Lose. it. NOW.

I've found some pants that actually work with it, honest!
Arvandor wrote:Why are you so in love in gryphins? Cuz for some of their aspects or something? Oh ill make you happy and tell you that Aluriel, one of my elven gods created grypohns and they live in his palace

I definitely find their aspects similar in some ways to my own. Don't restrict the gryphons to some divine pimp house. Unless your hareem is constantly attending them.

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner