z

Young Writers Society

So Many ideas... so few... um... what was the word?

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sat Apr 02, 2005 9:01 pm
Bobo says...

As a writer, I come up with millions of ideas for stories (or cartoons, comics, RPG's or anything else with a storyline) but I have a hard time actually getting them down in writing. Pretty much all of my independent stories have involved Hunter in one way or another. I finally began working on a book called Fabric of Space (working title) that featured Xiek, a monkey-tailed orphan boy with Psychokinetic powers (or whatever the word is...). The problem was that I never really created a story beyond the first chapter or so. I may get back to that book eventually...

But now my major work is Boundless, which can be found in the Fantasy forum now but is undergoing some major changes and will probably end up in the Action/Adventure forum instead. It parallels Hunter's Emergence, at least to a certain degree, and involves the same three main characters, which are based on Hunter, another friend, and me. Obviously, Hunter is the main character for Emergence, and my clone (Aiden) is the main character of Boundless.

I try to be friendly and amiable to everyone, even if we don't get along, although I get adamant at times when debating religious issues. My religion is very important to me, and has recently become the focus of my life. I am always happy, and if I'm not, then I pretend to be. I like to hang out a lot, although I'm an introvert in real life (with an extrovert trapped inside). Well, I g2g!

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:41 am
niteowl says...

With your first point, I can totally relate. I have NEVER been able to write anything past the first chapter. Which is why I mainly stick to poetry and some short stories. Except, well, none of my stories involve Hunter. *everyone's thinking "No duh."

See I'm psychic! :lol:

And I'm also an introvert. I hate it. It's like whenever I should be social, I suddenly clam up and get really antisocial.

Yeah I'm really tired right now. Why did it take you so long to put up your bio?
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:44 am
Bobo says...

Oh yeah, did I mention I'm the ultimate procrastinator? As for my introvertness, I tend to turn extrovert when I'm around people, but I never instigate anything social. Oh well...

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:35 pm
Zion says...

I am the total opposite for most of the things. I dont HAVE TIME to write everything down. I also have loads of ideas, its very annoying truth to be told. Im very opened to everyone and I try to enjoy the company of others. Why do you think I hang around here? So Ican show off to my friends. :P j/k
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:43 pm
Kay Kay says...

I'm the same way. I have like a million ideas but not much time to write and can't get past the first chapter on most of them. So i usually don't start posting something until I get to the 5th chapter.
Quarrels would not last long if the fault were only on one side.
--La Rochedoucauld

"An unexamined life is not worth living..."
---Socraties

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Tue Apr 05, 2005 12:41 am
Crysi says...

I love your artwork, hon! :D
Love and Light

Random avatar

Reviews: 40
Sat Jul 09, 2005 2:29 am
Kilty says...

Hmm. . . .similar problems I guess. I have waaaaay too many ideas, but for entire stories that just cloud my mind until I write them down. I've written a looooong book already, a short story and I'm working on a second book. Too many ideas, lol.

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer