z

Young Writers Society

Hey peeps

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:20 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Okay, so here we go. Im 13 years old, I have brown hair and I'm short. Enough of that.

I like reading, sodoku, field hockey, fencing, acting, singing, chess (no I am not a nerd), sleeping and Indian food. I started writing when I was six, on a trip home form New York City. I finished my first story while waiting on the BQE (for anyone who doesn't know what that is, it;s a majorly busy highway in NYC). It was about this two year old princess who saved her village from a dragon and grew up to lose her husband in a war. Well, everyone starts somewhere, right? :oops:

Some of the books I have really liked are:
Lord of the Rings
The Traveller (by John Twelve Hawks, so awesome)
the Da Vinci Code (blah to the movie)
Blood and Memory
And lots of other things, because, as somebody famous said, a room without books is like a body without a soul.

Yep, that's me, except that I am so utterly random. 8) Yep. Good stuff.
Bye
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:42 am
Shafter says...

Greetings, carelessausie!

Love your avatar-- Calvin and Hobbes is the best comic strip ever! :D And I love Lord of the Rings too (what fantasy writer doesn't?).

Hey, I was wondering, why do you like the Da Vinci Code so much? I mean, I thought it was well-written, but not enough to go on my top books list. PM me about it, if you care to. :)

See ya around the site!

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:22 pm
Sage says...

Hurrah for Hobbes!
Glad to make your acquaintance, aussie; I am also a Lord of the Rings fan and I completely agree with that quote about rooms and books.

See you out in cyberspace...*bows, then disappears in a puff of purple smoke*
True friends stab you in the FRONT. (Oscar Wilde)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Nov 22, 2006 3:34 pm
Myth says...

Hello!

Sleeping? I love that! Any Indian food in particular that you like? :D

I recently went through my LOTR books, you gotta love 'em.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

236 Reviews

Reviews: 236
Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:08 pm
carelessaussie13 says...

Yum! Indian food! I like naan (but I'm allergic, :cry: ), saag paneer, aloo palak, aloo gobi (is that how you spell it. . .by the way, I'm a vegetarian. How about you?
“To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world.” - Freya Stark

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 23, 2006 10:02 am
Myth says...

Yup, I've been a veggie for years! The spelling is different for most people so I just use the same as you did.

OMG! I love naan but we haven't had it for ages, homemade are the best. I also love pakora and poppadom. All this is making my mouth water :P
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything's different?
— C.S. Lewis