z

Young Writers Society

It's not too late for you to read something else...

Reviews: 4
Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:36 am
Half-Note-James says...

There is little to say about myself, which is why I tend to write stories in the third person. The characters at the core of my mentality are far more interesting than Ashley, the author. Though in spite of myself I will tell you my story…

I’ve been making up stories since I could speak and writing them ever since I could hold a pencil. And though I make many grammatical errors on a regular basis and my vocabulary is somewhat limited, I like to believe that the pieces in which I write are not simply for entertainment purposes but hold some sort of moral lesson for my reader. I personally can not be entertained by a story unless I feel I am inheriting some sort of wisdom.

I usually write at least three stories at a time so I can mix it up a bit. This keeps me in an enthusiastic state of mind. If you have trouble remaining interested in a story the best thing to do is to save your work and move onto to something else. This way you can always come back to it if you wish.

I’m currently writing a novel…though no one will read it until it is published. I will submit my other works, but they are mostly pieces to provoke my mind. They really aren’t meant to be anything worth while.

However, I am very fond of Saving James. It’s a story which I hold very close to my heart. I haven’t proofread the chapters yet, but I intend to in the near future. If you read it and you’re wondering where the plot is going…I can assure you that there IS a plot…..you’ll just have to wait and see where I lead you.

I enjoy having people critique my work, although you’ll have to excuse me if I don’t take every suggestion to heart. I’m open to new ideas though I simply can’t conform to how others want me to write. I always need help in catching grammatical mistakes and if you can’t understand what I am writing then you should most definitely let me know!

….It’s not too late you could always leave and read something else….
Last edited by Half-Note-James on Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I Want To Hear Your Song...

694 Reviews

Reviews: 694
Fri Nov 17, 2006 3:56 am
Via says...

Welcome to YWS!

I skimmed over the poem you've posted, it shows definite potential!

I'm Meg. Let me know it you need a crit or anything!

Otherwise, enjoy the site!
My Literary and Arts Blog

"I think I'd miss you even if we'd never met." -The Wedding Date

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:36 pm
Shafter says...

Salutations!

Hi, I'm Shafter, the resident punctuation/grammar critiquer. Although you claim to be weak in that area, your bio was better punctuated than half the stories on this site. ;)

PM if you want a crit; I'll be glad to crit just punctuation and grammar, if you want.

See ya around the site!

Cheers! ~Shafter

P.S. I see musical notes in your avatar... are you a musician?
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

Random avatar

Reviews: 665
Fri Nov 17, 2006 5:41 pm
deleted6 says...

Hey welcome to YWS i'm Siegfried. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or look FAQ.
We get off to the rhythm of the trigger and destruction. Fallujah to New Orleans with impunity to kill. We are the hidden fist of the free market.
We are the ink, we are the quill.
[The Ink And The Quill (Be Afraid) - Anti-Flag]

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Nov 23, 2006 3:15 pm
Myth says...

Hello Half-Note!

Sorry for thinking you were a guy.

I usually write at least three stories at a time so I can mix it up a bit.

Reminds me I have a couple of stories gathering dust, I can never write without looking at all my other pieces. :D
.: ₪ :.

'...'

The tools of conquest do not necessarily come with bombs and explosions and fallout. There are weapons that are simply thoughts, attitudes, prejudices; to be found only in the minds of men. For the record, prejudices can kill, and suspicions can destroy. A thoughtless, frightened search for a scapegoat has a fallout all of its own.
— Rod Serling, Twilight Zone