z

Young Writers Society

Saga

11 Reviews

Reviews: 11
Sat Nov 11, 2006 6:35 pm
Saga says...

Well, I first got into writing at a really young age, writing an extremely short story about a disobedient chicken when I was in Kindergarten. After that story, a few more came, and then I stopped writing for a while.

The next time I picked up the pen was in 5th grade when I read a book about a 6th grader who published a book, and thought that would be awesome.

The result was a story I never finished, and on notebook paper it was 17 pages long, with 17 chapters. I tried several other times to continue it, but I felt it was too unoriginal to continue.

In 6th grade, I met my best friend and we both wanted to write. Upon meetng we came up with an out of this earth series that I've written on several times, because the idea so appeals to me.

In 7th grade, I didn't write as much, but still wrote some, and came up with scads of novel ideas, some of which I have saved on my computer.

This year I haven't written much, but due to a really awesome writing seminar I took during the summer I've improved greatly. . .
Like a wind I wander
Into a darkened yonder
Like a wind I cry
My own undoing I deny

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Sat Nov 11, 2006 9:05 pm
Shafter says...

Disobedient chicken, hmm? :) Sounds like some of the stories I wrote when I was young. Fortunately, none of my stories from those days are down on paper, so my enemies can't use them for blackmail. ;)

Anyway, I'm Shafter, the resident punctuation/grammar critiquer. Nice to meet you, Saga!

Cheers! ~Shafter

P.S. If you need a crit or anything, just PM me, okay? :D
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

11 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2006 12:28 am
Saga says...

lol. . . yes, i believe the chicken blew up. I was very graphic for a 6 year old.
Like a wind I wander
Into a darkened yonder
Like a wind I cry
My own undoing I deny

Random avatar

Reviews: 335
Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:49 am
Fireweed says...

Welcome, Saga! I'm glad you're here ^_^ I like you're avatar, btw.
"I myself am composed entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions."- Augusten Burroughs

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:09 am
Fantasy of You says...

You're 13? You're pretty lucky to start writing so young. I wish I could have. A year makes a whole lot of difference, I think.
'It aint the size, love,' she says. 'It's how you use it. That's the important thing, methinks.'

Of course, she was talking about vocabulary...

11 Reviews

Sun Nov 12, 2006 7:53 pm
Saga says...

yeah. . . but i have a real bad problem with writer's block. XD
Like a wind I wander
Into a darkened yonder
Like a wind I cry
My own undoing I deny

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:30 pm
Shine says...

No doubt u had a great start in the world of writing,with the story of disobedient chicken.

Actually i would like to know that story.Something of childhood really is great.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:24 pm
Fantasy of You says...

but i have a real bad problem with writer's block.

I bet the problem is that you use writer's block as an excuse, lol. Pick up a pen, write down the first three words you think of and connect them. You have your story.

Writer's block is bulls***. It's when you can't continue a story, not when you can't be bothered to think of ideas:P

-Fantasy

*Cussing is unacceptable outside of literary submissions. -Grif*
'It aint the size, love,' she says. 'It's how you use it. That's the important thing, methinks.'

Of course, she was talking about vocabulary...

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Wed Nov 15, 2006 6:05 pm
Shine says...

Fantasy of You:
I bet the problem is that you use writer's block as an excuse, lol. Pick up a pen, write down the first three words you think of and connect them. You have your story.

Are those three or four words in ur ava/avie is your story?

lol. :wink:
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

The most difficult thing in the world is to know how to do a thing and to watch somebody else doing it wrong, without comment.
— T. H. White