z

Young Writers Society

April Wilde

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Oct 20, 2006 6:40 pm
View Likes
Kel says...

I've had that pen name for many years, now, and used to submit poetry to my school's literary magazine with it. :)

I've been writing since about fifth grade, and I'm 6 years out of high school, now. I've never finished a novel. I don't want to count my RL Stine-induced horrenous attempt, so I won't. :oops:

I don't ever know what to put on these things!

If anyone has any questions, I'll answer (almost) all of them. Please keep it decent! I'm a shy young woman. :?
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:57 pm
Snoink says...

Yay! So you like horror.

Who are your favorite authors? :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:57 pm
Fand says...

Heya, Kel, and welcome! Don't worry about 'indecent' questions, though... most of the people on this site are quite a bit younger than you, and we keep it civil here.
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

46 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:06 pm
Kel says...

I used to read a lot of horror, but that was back in Junior High school. It was mostly Caroline B. Cooney, RL Stine, Christopher Pike. Things like that.

Anymore, I read almost exclusively fantasy. Tamora Pierce is all right, but some of her stories rub me the wrong way.

Leven Thumps and the Gateway to Foo is cute. :)

I mostly read young adult novels because they're more raw. I sort of want to write for that age group, since I don't do a lot of explicit sex and gore in my writing. I just don't enjoy reading it. Never have.
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:11 pm
Snoink says...

Ah. Well, that's cool too!

So what kind of stuff do you actually write? :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

46 Reviews

Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:04 pm
Kel says...

Fantasy! :oops: I've got my plot outlined for NaNo. And after sharing it a couple of times, I don't feel so afraid of doing so here. It's not like it hasn't been done before, yes?

I used to write a lot of beatnik poetry, and I'm sure I still good. I enjoy writing sestinas, too! I've only done two in my life, but they were great.

I've been writing more lately in preparation for NaNo, but before that, I was mainly drawing!

210 Reviews

Reviews: 210
Fri Oct 27, 2006 8:50 pm
Meep says...

Is the "Wilde" in your psudonym inspired by Oscar Wilde?
✖ I'm sick, you're tired. Let's dance.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:17 am
aeroman says...

Cool pen name! Mine is Brandon Gregory (by the way, nobody can steal that). Thats cool that you write fantasy, what type of fantasy?

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

46 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:08 am
Kel says...

I dunno. I've never really read Oscar Wilde and you're the first one to mention it, Meep. It just kinda ... came out, I suppose. :) Who knows the minds of high school kids. Not I! Even when I was one!

Aero, I write just your generic fantasy, I guess. I've never finished anything, though, so I don't know if I can correctly categorize it. Elves and magic, and I don't even use guns in my stories. It's medieval fantasy. :)

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:46 pm
Myth says...

I used to read Christopher Pike, I really ought to go and rediscover his work.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

46 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:27 pm
Kel says...

Oh, Christopher Pike. Good luck! haha. You'll discover that, many years after being totaly into that stuff, it's completely different, Myth!

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Sat Oct 28, 2006 1:56 pm
Myth says...

I always thought The Midnight Club was pretty good.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

46 Reviews

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:01 pm
View Likes
Kel says...

I've read that, I believe. I'll have to look at my old middle school collection again.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:07 pm
Cassandra says...

Caroline B. Cooney. Didn't she write Goddess of Yesterday? I think so. Our teacher read that to us in sixth grade social studies, because it's about the Trojan War, and I've loved it ever since.

I can see you laughing. Stop it!

Hee hee. So yeah. Hmmm...do you have any pets? :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

46 Reviews

Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:50 am
Kel says...

3 cats! Coffee, Squee, Ozzy

2 dogs! Barleybear, Rosemary

What about you, Cassandra?

But answer me this: how can a story end happily if there is no love?
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane