z

Young Writers Society

Aero to the Man!

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:12 pm
aeroman says...

Hey guys!
Well some of you already know me, but this is the first time I've checked out this section of the forums! Lame...I know, haha. Well I'll give you an intro to my life! I am 15 years old, a sophomore in high school. I am what some would consider a jock, I've played and play just about every sport. This year I am doing Swim Team, Water Polo, Track, and Wrestling.

Besides my interests in sports, one of my loves I have found is to write! What I usually write is fantasy-based stories because I love the freedom granted of creating my own world. That is one of the reasons I don't write historical fiction (too lazy to do all the research) haha. The current piece I am working on is called The Veil Not Seen viewtopic.php?t=10647 Hopefully you guys can help me improve on my skills so I can become an accomplished writer! (Some of you, have already helped, in my short time here)

I guess my love to write came from reading. I have been an avid reader ever since I was a tot, reading anything from business books, auto tech, comic books, fantasy, sci-fi, mythology, philosophy, pretty much you name the genre. I've probably read at least one book from it.

Well thats me, hope to see you all around!
Last edited by aeroman on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:34 pm, edited 4 times in total.
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Oct 02, 2006 9:10 am
Myth says...

Fantasy is great. I didn't used to write historical because I was not too keen on research but once I started I can't stop.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

368 Reviews

Reviews: 368
Mon Oct 09, 2006 8:04 am
Shine says...

Hey Aeroman!

Yeah I agree Fantasy is great.
"A good plot is like a dream.If you dont write down your dream on paper the moment you wake up,the chances are you'll forget it and it'll be gone forever"-Roald Dalh.

36 Reviews

Reviews: 36
Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:07 pm
Sage says...

There's nothing wrong with being a jock! I've occasionally wished to be a jock, but I have the genes of several generations of literary couch potatoes working against me...
heehee! Aero's a tatertot:)
See you 'round.
True friends stab you in the FRONT. (Oscar Wilde)

55 Reviews

Reviews: 55
Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:27 pm
Shafter says...

Hiya Aero!

Like Sage, I have often wished I was good at a sport. Any sport. Even badmitten. ;)

Fantasy is all I write, of course, but it's not because I don't like doing research. I love to research! One time I spent an hour online looking up the ill effects of nightshade. It had very little to do with my story, and I ended up deleting the scene anyway, but it sure was fun researching...

Glad you finally posted your bio. See ya! :D

Cheers! ~Shafter
Got YWS?

Over 18? Join The Writers Society today!
http://www.thewriterssociety.com

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:10 am
Fishr says...

Hey Aero!

Funny you say you're a jock. ;) I used to play lots of sports when I was in school but my favorite was basketball. I was deadly with the side shots, always sinking 3-pointers, haha! Swish!!

I suck though. I was writing continusouly at age 12 BEFORE reading. I despised reading but by the time I reached somewhere around 16-ish, I relized I was a damn fool, LOL! What I was reading was boring so I just beed to locate a subject to catch my interest, and also it's a wonderful tool in teaching the writer. Yep, I'm stupid, LOL! It only took me four years to figure it out, but then when I graduated I made the horrible mistake of quiting - in other words, I stopped writing for two years... :oops: I started back up when I was 21, and man did I suck! I got rusty, lazy and well, did I mention I sucked? LOL! My portfolio speaks for itself...

Anyway, I enjoy reading your crits, your posts in general around the site, and well, you seem to be a cool and nice person. :) I'm glad you joined the site and don't worry I haven't forgotten about your story. ;)

Cheers, Aero!
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

85 Reviews

Reviews: 85
Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:00 pm
aeroman says...

I hope a tatertot is good, Sage? Ha ha, I'm not sure :)

Yeah, I agree with you Shafter research is fun. But I guess I'm a power hungry fool who loves the God-like power of creating his own stuff :) Mostly the kind of research I have done is renaissance and middle ages stuff, because that is the time periods that are most similar to 'my world' that I've created at the moment.

Fishr! Wow, sounds like you were a basketball pro :D Sadly, basketball isn't my greatest sport. One summer, I shot a hundred free throws every night trying to be amazing. But then I ended up not liking basketball as much as soccer. I'm glad you haven't forgotten my story haha, and thank you for the compliments.

Thanks you guys for posting on my bio!

~Aero
They haven't invented the missile that can kill an ideal.

Poetry comes alive to me through recitation.
— Natalie Merchant