z

Young Writers Society

My name says "Darker" but I'm really kind of fair-

137 Reviews

Reviews: 137
Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 am
DarkerSarah says...

Hi, guys! I'm brand spanking new here, even though I've already posted a couple of things. I'm really looking forward to enhancing my writing career here on these boards. I've been writing fiction since I could hold a pencil, it seems. When I was thirteen (Jeez, was that 4 years ago?) I wrote a novel. It wasn't very good, but I really began to develop my voice.

I'm a pretty smart chica. I've taken Honors classes since I was in 8th grade. I'm really laid back, and tend to sleep when I'm bored, instead of doing something constructive. Thus, I am a procrastinator.

My favorite books are: The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Anna Karenina, The Secret Texts Trilogy, Harry Potter, LOTR Trilogy, A Great and Terrible Beauty, Once and Future King... I could go on, and on, and on, and on...as you can see.

My taste in music is quite diverse, but I'm actually very picky about what I listen to. I loathe candy pop, rap, country, and metal. But I love Blue October, Modest Mouse, John Mayer, Oasis, the Beatles, The Hives, The Who, Pink Floyd, Breaking Benjamin, and Death Cab for Cutie.

I love coffee! My favorite place in the world is The JavaWerks, which is about fifteen minutes from where I live. It's the awesome coffee house me and my best friend hang out at on the weekends and whenever the hell else we can.

I guess I've bored you enough with these little miscellaneous (that's spelled wrong) facts about myself. If you're interested in reading my writing, I have a couple of things posted on Action/Adventure, and I'd love some comments.

Thanks!
-Sarah
"And I am a writer
writer of fiction
I am the heart that you call home
And I've written pages upon pages
Trying to rid you from my bones...
Let me go if you don't love me" ~The Decembrists "Engine Driver"

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:49 am
Tara says...

Hey DS! Ve've already met through the chat, but I'm gonna come and welcome you anyway, ok? Ok, I'll just pretend I don't know you...

Hey DarkerSarah! Can I call you DS? OK, thanx. Hey, how ya doin? I'm Tara. (As you can see from...my...name) I'm the site's nocturnal nic-name-giver. (whtether it's official or unnofficial...I do not know.) I'm here if you have any questions...or comments...or anything. Just drop me a PM, k? I'll see ya around the boards!

~Tara
"You can go a long way with a smile. You can go a lot farther with a smile and a gun." -Al Capone

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:24 am
Bobo says...

Hey Sarah! I wish I had read more of your stuff earlier. You are top-quality. And you may be a procrastinator, but I sure as heck didn't write a novel when I was thirteen! I hope to see you soon.

504 Reviews

Reviews: 504
Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:41 pm
Dream Deep says...

[...]

As you can probably tell, the message here that I had written up was written a while ago as well. ^_~ Sorry for the mix-up, confusion, everything else. Wishing you the best, Sarah.

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena