z

Young Writers Society

A Better Version of Me

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sun Sep 10, 2006 4:07 am
Caligula's Launderette says...

Hi y'all. I am Caligula's Launderette, I go by CL, Cal, Kelle, Tabby, Tabs, Tabitha, Hyper SPEW Alien Monkey, yo you deaf white woman, I will literaly answer to most anything. I have another about me post, but I decided it was old and needed a new personal thingie. Some of the following wordings snagged from a friend.

Ooo, where was I, oh yeah talking about myself.... So I was born an impoverished British child living in a workhouse until I was kicked out and taken in by a group of good-natured pickpockets, or was that Oliver Twist. I always get that mixed up. Wait now I remember, I was born in Southern California, or as well home-citizens call it So. Cal. So yeah, basically I live in Mexico. Directions on how to get to my house, when the billboards are in Spanish and you haven't reached the border yet. I was immersed in swimming and sailing since I was a wee wain, once I even thought I was a dolphin, but that's another story. I have a pretty whacked out family tree, I am the daughter of my father's second marriage. So, from his first marriage he has two kids of his own (my sister and brother), and then five step-children. And then, then, my sister has twins who are three months older than me- Casey and Chelsea. So, yeah, that's fun. Casey, has only called me Auntie Kelly once, that was when he was drunk. And yeah that's fun too. So, back to me, shall we... I speak Spanish fluently - or so says my diploma from Mester (Spanish School in Spain), and really, really bad french, as in bad, as in horrible, as is deplorable french. I also speak some Italian, Japanese, German... I can understand Portuguese, and am pretty good at pig-latin. I can say one word in Dutch - Gotverdamme. That's fun. I supposed my mother pushed me to be a linguist from a young age, and that young age was about five.

So, something else about me, well I love to read, love to write, love watching movies and tv. Though I can be outdorsey if I want to be. I like backpacking, camping, horses, rock-climbing, exploring, sailing; things like that. By nature I am very spontaneous. I try to be funny when I can. I love my friends, cause hey you choose your friends, not your family.

When it comes to reading and writing I love just about everything thats good, both poetry, fiction, non-fiction... I am rather in love with sci-fi, fantasy, and historical fiction. I have a personal library with over 600 books. My writing is heavily induced by myth (mostly greek, norse, celtic), Poe, EB Browning, Sappho, Doug Adams, McKinley, Yeats, Kipling, Joyce, Soepboer, Gaiman, Dumas, Eliot, erm... my friends and fellow writers.

The author Lloyd Alexander first got me into writing. He is too cool. *grins*

I don't speak how I write, and that's a promise. *wink, wink* The downside of that, I think I'm coming off rather pompous in this. Oh dear, that's not how I planed it.

I have new neurotic cats Woodstock and Spooky. Woodstock is a purebread, orange persian. I love him even if he does have the attention span of a goldfish. Spooky is a norweigian forest who is afraid of her own shadow. I used to own a horse, an appalloosa mare Navajo. One day she ate half of my hamburger. So yeah a carnivorous pony. I have weird pets.

Now that's a Good Myth.

Any questions?

Yours, CL.
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Sep 10, 2006 9:13 pm
Wiggy says...

That is major cool! But you forgot that you've been to Ireland 8 times. :D (I'll be pming you soon...:D)

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:12 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Oh yeah that, and 16 other countries in Europe, then Canada and Mexico. And the Caribbean. Fun times...
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

114 Reviews

Reviews: 114
Sun Sep 10, 2006 10:20 pm
David Guinness says...

I must admit, I'm incredibly envious of your trip-taking.

And your personal library. I only have 300.
David Guinness

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Sun Sep 10, 2006 11:11 pm
Wiggy says...

Lucky dog!!!!!! (again) lol I've never been out of the U.S.! I feel so underprivileged...
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Mon Sep 11, 2006 9:11 am
Myth says...

CL, I love your cats names, I adore all animals and you're lucky to have pets.

I have uncles and an aunt who are younger than me so it is really weird to call them uncle or aunt.

Wiggy: You're not the only one who hasn't travelled. But you're going to Russia aren't you?
.: ₪ :.

'...'

Once you have read a book you care about, some part of it is always with you.
— Louis L'Amour