z

Young Writers Society

I Missed The Welcome Mat On the Way In

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Jun 01, 2014 12:26 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

I'm hardly a newbie on here, but way back when I was (this was only just over a year ago, but it feels like I've been here forever), I never introduced myself properly, and I thought I should. This might not be an introduction so much as a self-centred ramble, especially if I've met you before, but try to stick with me. I'll try not to go off onto too many bizarre, although potentially fabulous, tangents. Which reminds me of...

Here we go. Please buckle your seatbelts and keep your hands inside the vehicle at all times...

I guess books would be a good place to start. I'm a buyer rather than a borrower, so I have an eternally full bookshelf that seems to be in constant need of reshuffling. My favourite genre's fantasy, but I'll read just about anything. My favouite authors are Maggie Stiefvater and Scott Westerfeld, and if I can ever write so well as either of them I'll be stoked as goats. I'm really passionate about Aussie YA, so if you ever want any recommenations concerning that, I'd be only too happy to oblige (or any book suggestions full stop. I dream off amassing a group of people I can routinely fangirl with over one book or another). I'm currently dreading the release of the final Skulduggery Pleasant book. I could go on for hours.

My favourite band is Lunatics on Pogosticks, a totally epic garage rock band who I first discovered last year and have become increasingly obsessed with. Their singer has one of the most unique and interesting voices around, and if you check out their music and like it I think we might just be friends forever. I also love Rizzle Kicks, Franz Ferdinand, San Cisco, The Wombats and The Patiots, as well as the solo stuff done by Lunatics on Pogosticks' singer under the name of Freud and the Suicidal Vampires and Candy. Feel free to chat to me about music anytime, because I'm always open to suggestions and I love love love trying to convert people into becoming fans of the bands I like!

TV-wise, I am a Whovian through and through, and I also love shows like Grimm, Sherlock, Elementary, Fringe, Buffy and Once Upon a Time, even if I am so far behind with it that I think a whole series has gone by that I haven't seen.

My favourite movie is Back to the Future 2 (I also absolutely adore the first one), although I'm still waiting for my hoverboard. I also love the original Star Wars movies, and my favourite book to film adaptations would have to be Harry Potter and The Book Thief, althoughin both cases the book was heaps better!

When it comes to my writing, I tend to write realistic-y type things, although at heart I am more of a fantasy writer. Whenever I attempt to write poetry it's pretty teen angsty, but I'm much more at home with prose. I love the process of writing; grabbing onto ideas, developing them, then finding the perfect words to convey them. I even love editing - I'm something of a perfectionist which often means it takes me ages to complete my writing. I am also a remarkably talented procrastinator.

So thats the general gist of me, brought to you comfortably over a year since I first joined. Et voilĂ !
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

Life is about losing everything.
— Isabel Allende