z

Young Writers Society

This Is Me

Reviews: 0
Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:09 pm
View Likes
mandmxbox says...

Greetings! mandmxbox here! Just wanted to introduce myself a bit. I am an ambitiious writer with no works published but a lot of "works in the works". :D I enjoy writing teen fiction and most of my stories are in the genre "Action and Adventure." Some of my favorite authors include J.K. Rowling, Steven King, and J.R.R. Tolkien. I enjoy drafting stories in my free time and jumping around from book to book, looking for a new story to quench my reader's thirst.

Thanks for taking the time to read a little bit about who I am, and I hope to interact with everyone around the site in the future. Bye!

-Mandmxbox
-[color=#BF0000]Mandmxbox[/color]

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:24 am
ThereseCricket says...

Welcome Mandmbox! I shall keep a lookout for any works of yours in the future. If you ever need a review then feel free to ask me! Be glad to help.

J.R.R Tolkien is also one of my favorites, along with Susanne Collins. I always admired their imagination, with creating their own separate worlds! The Harry Potters I found excellent as well, and it especially enjoyed first one! Which one is your favorite?
Welcome again!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:17 am
mandmxbox says...

Sorry. I haven't been on in a while. One of my favorite Harry Potters is probably the Goblet of Fire, because of its action-packed storyline, but I
do enjoy the Order of The Phoenix for the same reason. I also particularly enjoyed the
first and third Hunger Games books because of their romantic action-driven storyline. The second one kind of seemed to drag on for me but I did like the storyline. I've mainly been reading stories on the site but I do want to post as well. Can people steal your ideas or is there some legal binding where you can't steal others ideas?
Just curious. I get kinda nervous about my ideas being stolen. Thanks!

Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:24 am
mandmxbox says...

I also admire Tolkien's and Rowling's ability to create their own world and let you submerge yourself into Hogwarts and Middle Earth. I also envy their descriptive sense and I feel like you can actually see the characters and shake their hands. Amazing!!

401 Reviews

Reviews: 401
Tue Jul 15, 2014 1:48 pm
ThereseCricket says...

Can people steal your ideas or is there some legal binding where you can't steal others ideas?

Yeah, I don't think there's some sort of legal binding, but if somebody steals your work or does plagiarism of ANY SORT, they will be banned from the site. I mean, there's not much the site can do against stealing ideas, except you maybe putting your own copyright on it, which is super easy. Just type into your work that its yours, and copyrighted and so forth.

At least that's the way I've always heard it. But if you have an idea that you are afraid is going to get stolen, then I would suggest not posting it. Although, this problem I believe is rare, and I've never heard of someone taking someone else's idea. :D Hope this was helpful!

Oh, I like the second Hunger Games book probably the best of all three, but that was mainly because of the element of the plot. Or it just might have been the new characters that they had brought in. Finnick and Johanna were some pretty awesome characters in my opinion.
Yeah, I totes agree with what you're saying about their description qualities! I never once felt while reading Lord of the Rings, that they were shoving flat boring descriptions into my face, but instead were just telling the story, and I was describing for myself. It's quite an amazing region of writing, description. Hope to get better at it as time goes by!
In Truth Unity,
In Doubt Liberty,
In all things Charity.

Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:58 pm
mandmxbox says...

Oh, all right. Thanks for all your help, ThereseCricket and I am sure you will get better at description as time goes by. I really had to work for a long time before I got the senses I have now as a writer. :)

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr