z

Young Writers Society

Summer!!!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:23 pm
EmilyLemke says...

These are a few photos that represent the last summer for me!

Sorry I'm posing so much right now. All the snow on my roof wouldn't let me go online lately, so I feel nearly deprived. I've been waiting to show everyone all of these!!

-Emily
Attachments
faiir.jpg
The outskirts of the fairgrounds!! :)
faiir.jpg (40.89 KiB) Viewed 245 times
IMG_220222.jpg
The Camaro that I got to ride in!! <3
IMG_2049.JPG
The beach, of course. I edited this on my phone a while back.

19 Reviews

Reviews: 19
Sat Jan 25, 2014 8:00 pm
View Likes
Crookshanks says...

Hey, Emily :)

I have to say, looking at these photographs while there's currently a snowstorm outside my house is seriously sending me into a mini-depression...

Anyways, I really did like these! They truly did show some of the biggest parts of summer -- the fair, fast cars, and, of course, the ocean. I think my favorite is the last one, because it was just so summery with all the light pinks and shining water. However, I did have a few nitpicks.

First, the first photograph was very grainy and somewhat blurred at the bottom, as if you had taken it while moving. It just wasn't very clear, which made it hard to enjoy what would have been a beautiful picture of a very colorful ferris wheel (love those!). The lights in the photograph were all quite blown out and large, which just attributes to a lack of focus with the camera lens. All in all, it's just a little too grainy, but that's a problem that is encountered a lot at nighttime with less professional cameras. What a beautifully colored ferris wheel though!

Also, I really like the photograph of the water, as I said before, but I think I would have liked it even more if the horizon of the water was straight -- not angled, as you have it.

Overall, I really like how you've captured the feel of summer with these and I hope I was able to help!

xoxo Crookshanks

P.S. nice Camarao 8)

The world is your oyster. Well, it’s my oyster, but you can have some of it.
— Feltrix