z

Young Writers Society

Accepting character sketch request [free of charge]

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:02 pm
thegirlwhowrites says...

Is it possible to have a sketch of a teenage girl, around 17 years old, with tangly, messy, wavy dark brown-maroon coloured hair, freckles covering her face, sharpened features such as the jaw, bright green eyes the colour of emeralds and full (but not too big) lips? Also if you draw her shoulders and neck could you add the number '13' on her right collarbone in green?
Sorry I don't know how this works hope I'm asking right! :D
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”

-Will Herondale

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:12 pm
Zolen says...

@SubtleSanity As this is a full body image, thus much more complex and with more unknowns I could not get far before I have to make sure I am going the right way about it. Keep going, set up the clothes and refine, or do you think I got the wrong idea? Red lines show where everything is going, and the circles mark joints. (yay everyone gets to see how I figure out poses!)

@thegirlwhowrites Normally I avoid drawing lips, mostly because it tends to look awkward how I draw people, however, yes. I shall start as soon as I finish Subtle's and Lateritic's.

@TakeThatYouFiend I shall start up as soon as I finish the other two I accepted, I am going to try drawing up fast as I can, so it should not take long till I get to yours. :D
Attachments
thegirl.png
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

433 Reviews

Reviews: 433
Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:17 pm
TakeThatYouFiend says...

Thanks! In the meantime I will spam you with Moominpappa! :-)
You know that studded leather armour in films? Nobody wore that. I mean, how would metal studs improve leather armour?

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:37 pm
thegirlwhowrites says...

That's abolutely fine about the lips, thanks!
“It was books that made me feel that perhaps I was not completely alone. They could be honest with me, and I with them.”

-Will Herondale

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:18 pm
Pamplemousse says...

Zolen wrote:@Lateritic Sketch done, good enough to refine and color or do you want something else?
I am not good on the concept of anime, but hopefully its good..

edit: hm, the hair and those eyes looked better on gimp, will need to clean that up a lot...dang

That actually looks pretty good! But yeah, those eyes...
“Admire my gaytime in the mist of purple~” -lostthought, 2015.
~~~~~~~~~~~Usernames~~~~~~~~~~~
Pamplemousse (4/16/14-Now)
Lateritic (8/21/13-4/16/14)
Kittyz101 (3/11/13-8/21/13)

476 Reviews

Reviews: 476
Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:11 pm
Apricity says...

@Zolen, everything looks fine but she is meant to have long hair. As for the pose, is fine. :D
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

557 Reviews

Reviews: 557
Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:35 pm
Ventomology says...

Wow, this is pretty cool! Am I allowed to copy your business model?
"I've got dreams like you--no really!--just much less, touchy-feeley.
They mainly happen somewhere warm and sunny
on an island that I own, tanned and rested and alone
surrounded by enormous piles of money." -Flynn Rider, Tangled

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:08 am
Zolen says...

@Lateritic hm, Can you give me a example of eye styles that you happen to like from the wonders of the internet?

@SubtleSanity I plan to have it go down then then spray out around her a bit, I tried four different styles, but its hard to make them ultra long without them flowing off in one direction, but I get the impression you want something that seems impressively long, so give me a bit to draw further on the hair to try to impress you with it before I change it entirely. If you will allow.

I can't continue until I get both of your replies.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:30 am
Blackwood says...

Well... as I said, I'll throw in a request. Feel free to pass it up if you are too busy since I see you have gotten several more since last night.
You seem to like lots of specifications, so I will be as specific as possible. If it's too much feel free to be creative.
I'll leave it up to you if you want to do just a head and shoulders sort of thing or a body.
Character description:
Spoiler! :
Male. 17 years of age.
Ethnicity (If it matters) is half middle-eastern//oriental.
He has black, straight hair which is rather long. The front of his hair is a fringe across his forehead, and at the back his hair is braided in a single plait.
He wears earrings, either studs/hanging stones/beads or ethnic metal.
The context is an ancient sort of society, based on Persian/Arabian and Turkish cultures, and his clothes would reflect that of a noble or a prince.
No facial hair.
(If it is relevant) If you feel like doing a body then he often has two short (scimitar) swords, but optional.

Mood/manner: Either smug and conceited, or spiteful and contemptuous.
Last edited by Blackwood on Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

110 Reviews

Sun Feb 09, 2014 12:53 am
Zolen says...

@Buggiedude2340 if you can handle it, yap-o

@Blackwood My goal is to draw exactly what you want, thus I try to make sure its as specific as possible, and I know as much as possible. If you want a full body than I will draw a full body, if you want just a head, than I will draw a head, your choice. : D

You shall be set up after I get through the other two, hm, Time to draw a order out

1.) Lateritic & SubtleSanity
2.) TakeThatYouFiend & thegirlwhowrites
3.) Blackwood & nobody at all

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:17 am
Zolen says...

@SubtleSanity

Yarg, not really done, but base colors in place, as is base outfit. Shown for a yes or no. If you say yes next showing will be done.

edit: I am not really happy with it, but not sure what else to do but add some more detail and call it done, if you like it as its going, say yes, if not then tell me what is wrong and I will see about editing it.
Attachments
thegirl.png
thegirl.png (110.63 KiB) Viewed 190 times

476 Reviews

Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:45 am
Apricity says...

*thumbs up* It turned out completely different to what I expected, but is not a bad think think you just shed some light on her. So yeah, keep on going.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 10, 2014 7:13 am
Zolen says...

@SubtleSanity

annnnnnd, I can't find anything else to add,

So enjoy hopefully.
Attachments
thegirl.png
thegirl.png (143.66 KiB) Viewed 180 times

110 Reviews

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:06 am
Zolen says...

@Lateritic and blah, I sort of messed up and used the sizing I do for avatars, so you now have an avatar, yay

2.) @TakeThatYouFiend & @thegirlwhowrites You're next
Attachments
tears.png
tears.png (100.68 KiB) Viewed 172 times
Last edited by Zolen on Mon Feb 10, 2014 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

476 Reviews

Mon Feb 10, 2014 9:10 am
Apricity says...

@Zolen, looks awesome. xD
Previously Flite

~Open for business~

You have light and peace inside you. If you let it out, you can change the world around you.
— Uncle Iroh, Avatar the Last Airbender