Young Writers Society

Designing Book Covers

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:57 pm
View Likes
ANADIR says...

You're really good! :3
Is it not human nature to want what we cannot have, and yet manage to overlook the blessings piled upon us?

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

Messenger: Glad you liked it :) I'll fix the typo, but next time pretty please be sure of the text you want :P I'll get to making the other cover sometime later today. Got uni.

Cole: I mean this is absolutely no offense, but no one is going to steal your work. You shouldn't be scared of sharing a random chapter or snippet. It's really good to get feedback on your work so that you can improve, and YWS is a safe and friendly place to do that. That said, lack of sharing doesn't prohibit me from making you a cover. The chapter thing was more so a necessity so I know the author isn't just going to write one chapter and never come back to the book or cover I made them :)

Anadir: Thanks ^^
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 pm
Cole says...

You're entirely right. I've been around YWS long enough to know that it's a safe environment. However, I've always been uneasy about posting novels on the internet, particularly if they are not yet copyrighted. I do not mind sharing short stories though; there's less to steal and I'm not haunted by the possibility of running into problems with a potential publisher.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 am
Dreamy says...

I haven't written a novel yet. So, if I do that I will surely call for your help! *Books you in advance* :P
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:06 pm
Cole says...

[Post Deleted]
Last edited by Cole on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:34 pm
photoleonne says...

Hi, I do loads of book cover art. I have a gallery http://www.eleanorleonnebennett.com/p376590357

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm
Rurouni says...

Well, if you aren't too terribly busy...

> Name of Book: The Lesson of the Rubi
> Part of series?: Book 1 in The Shadow
> Author: Alexandria Amor
> Blurb text: Alexandria Katherine Amor is a mutant on the planet Rubi, in the year 2135. She's lived on her own for more then 5 years, and now she's 14. She stumbles upon the handsome Shadow brothers and must decided between them; Aaron, a fast and mischievous 15 year old who has many knives and tricks up his sleeves, or the gentle but firm Alexander, a 14 year old with eyes the purest green, and knives and hugs to share.
> Other text (quotes, grabs): But that's not her only problem, prophecies say that the next Shadow is coming into the world, a hero never meant to be a hero. Will one of the Shadow brothers take on the role? Or will they all die before it happens?
> Description of what you want visually: I was looking for a dark look, with maybe a winged silhouette or a green eye with a reflection of fire (destruction). The green eye! Never mind the other! Maybe lace in some bright flashes of red or blue.
Cookies!

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 am
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

I'll get on these this week, hopefully :)

photoleonne: I like your work, but why post in my thread? o.o
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 am
Rurouni says...

Hey, I changed the name to One of a Kind, hope it's not too much trouble for you XD
Cookies!

662 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 662
Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 pm
Messenger says...

Hey, just wanted to stop in. It's been a while since anything has happened on here.

Bananas
— looseleaf