Young Writers Society

Designing Book Covers

89 Reviews

Reviews: 89
Wed Oct 09, 2013 9:57 pm
View Likes
ANADIR says...

You're really good! :3
Is it not human nature to want what we cannot have, and yet manage to overlook the blessings piled upon us?

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:23 pm
seeminglymeaningless says...

Messenger: Glad you liked it :) I'll fix the typo, but next time pretty please be sure of the text you want :P I'll get to making the other cover sometime later today. Got uni.

Cole: I mean this is absolutely no offense, but no one is going to steal your work. You shouldn't be scared of sharing a random chapter or snippet. It's really good to get feedback on your work so that you can improve, and YWS is a safe and friendly place to do that. That said, lack of sharing doesn't prohibit me from making you a cover. The chapter thing was more so a necessity so I know the author isn't just going to write one chapter and never come back to the book or cover I made them :)

Anadir: Thanks ^^
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:55 pm
Cole says...

You're entirely right. I've been around YWS long enough to know that it's a safe environment. However, I've always been uneasy about posting novels on the internet, particularly if they are not yet copyrighted. I do not mind sharing short stories though; there's less to steal and I'm not haunted by the possibility of running into problems with a potential publisher.

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Thu Oct 10, 2013 9:20 am
Dreamy says...

I haven't written a novel yet. So, if I do that I will surely call for your help! *Books you in advance* :P
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

Random avatar

Reviews: 56
Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:06 pm
Cole says...

[Post Deleted]
Last edited by Cole on Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 0
Sun Oct 13, 2013 7:34 pm
photoleonne says...

Hi, I do loads of book cover art. I have a gallery http://www.eleanorleonnebennett.com/p376590357

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 pm
Rurouni says...

Well, if you aren't too terribly busy...

> Name of Book: The Lesson of the Rubi
> Part of series?: Book 1 in The Shadow
> Author: Alexandria Amor
> Blurb text: Alexandria Katherine Amor is a mutant on the planet Rubi, in the year 2135. She's lived on her own for more then 5 years, and now she's 14. She stumbles upon the handsome Shadow brothers and must decided between them; Aaron, a fast and mischievous 15 year old who has many knives and tricks up his sleeves, or the gentle but firm Alexander, a 14 year old with eyes the purest green, and knives and hugs to share.
> Other text (quotes, grabs): But that's not her only problem, prophecies say that the next Shadow is coming into the world, a hero never meant to be a hero. Will one of the Shadow brothers take on the role? Or will they all die before it happens?
> Description of what you want visually: I was looking for a dark look, with maybe a winged silhouette or a green eye with a reflection of fire (destruction). The green eye! Never mind the other! Maybe lace in some bright flashes of red or blue.
Cookies!

377 Reviews

Reviews: 377
Tue Oct 15, 2013 12:05 am
View Likes
seeminglymeaningless says...

I'll get on these this week, hopefully :)

photoleonne: I like your work, but why post in my thread? o.o
I have an approximate knowledge of many things.

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:29 am
Rurouni says...

Hey, I changed the name to One of a Kind, hope it's not too much trouble for you XD
Cookies!

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:59 pm
Messenger says...

Hey, just wanted to stop in. It's been a while since anything has happened on here.

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline