z

Young Writers Society

Accepting character sketch

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:59 pm
ERZA says...

Sure!! Just give me lots of descriptions. I shall be able to upload the remaining characters in the middle of this month together with yours.. :-) come on hurry up now I am waiting~ Ps: I am confident about anime style but it will take sometime to do realistic style however I do not color anything if it is in realistic style..I only shade my realistic people. Don't worry though I am willing to face this challenge. Bring it on!!!
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:35 pm
View Likes
Messenger says...

Appearance: Only 5'6, black hair, sharp facial features. Beak-like nose, straight jawline, squarish chin. Muscled and very strong. Pale skin
Costume: All black clothing: cargo pants, long-sleeve shirt, black gun vest.
Other: He carries two 12-shot pistols on his vest, as well collapsible sniper on his back with a times-twelve zoom.
He has tomahawks strapped to both legs, and a grenade on either shoulder.

157 Reviews

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:39 pm
ERZA says...

Whoh! This is something! Well I will start working on it right away :-)

663 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:08 pm
Messenger says...

Thanks! He is a character for a SB, and he is a super hero, so he is pretty boss.

157 Reviews

Sat Dec 07, 2013 4:28 pm
ERZA says...

Okay...so is there any particular type of pose you want me to draw him in or the basic standing poses(like how they have in their data file...those digital ones) or both front back view will do? If its up to me then no probs however if you have any preferences do let me know.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:39 pm
View Likes
EnigmaticSpirit says...

Your art is astounding!
Words cut deeper than knives.

663 Reviews

Supporter

Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:20 pm
Messenger says...

Have the anime one with him just standing, from the front.
have the realistic one with him holding his two pistols, both arms pointing to his sides.

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:09 am
joebot says...

Would it be okay for me to ask you to draw two characters for me? Or are you swamped?

157 Reviews

Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:36 pm
ERZA says...

Nah! I am fine so what do you want me to draw? :) @joebot
And thanks btw @EnigmaticSpirit :)

14 Reviews

Reviews: 14
Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:39 pm
joebot says...

I have two characters, if that's okay. They're kind of a pair. I'll try to be as specific as possible so they're easy to draw.

First is Claude.
Spoiler! :
He's seventeen years old, a little taller than average height and square build. He's a fighter and a hunter, but he's not lean or super muscular. He's stocky and strong. He usually wears a simple gray (or other neutral-toned) t-shirt, cargo pants and a big pair of leather tooled boots. He always carries a hatchet that is fastened to his belt by a leather sheath. I picture it being similar to this. The hatchet itself has a smooth wooden stock and dark iron blade. He uses that hatchet a lot for clearing forest or even fighting, so it should be on his right side and easily accessible. It also becomes important throughout the story so it'd be awesome if you could highlight it somehow.
He has dark colored hair and flatly colored eyes (have never decided on the color, always pictured dark gray or brown though). I have pictured him with both short and long-ish hair, so that's up to you. It won't be well-groomed though. He lives a dirtier life in a settlement on the edge of a forest.
He has kind of a stoic demeanor about him, so there's almost always kind of a hardened look on his face. When he's relaxed he just looks mildly disinterested.

The other character is a little boy named Finny.
Spoiler! :
Eleven years old or so, with white-blonde hair and shallow blue eyes that are almost ghostly. He's on the scrawny side. His clothes are always filthy, especially the pants which always have grass stains and a healthy layer of dirt. I can't describe exactly what kind of clothes he wears -- that's up to you -- but his pants always have big pockets that hold a stack of maps or notes. Any other pockets he has are filled with herbs and berries. He only wears shoes when he's on uncomfortable terrain, like rocks across a freezing river or fields of thorns. Instead his feet are usually bare and his shoes are usually tucked away in a backpack he takes with him everywhere. This backpack has all of his basic needs, and it's pretty deflated looking since he keeps his belongings down to a meager collection. Sometimes he'll tie on things he's found out in the forest -- sun-bleached plastic toys, or rusted license plates. He never keeps them for long, though. He's a collector who keeps his pieces only so long as they're interesting, and then he leaves them behind.
His emotions are wide and intense, ranging from starry-eyed wonder to down right terror. Usually he's on the happier side. Curiosity is one of his major characteristics.

These two aren't related, but they become an odd little team in the story since they both need to reach a certain location. Finny knows how to get there, and Claude can protect them out in the forest (these forests are filled with strange animals and beasts). I don't have a specific scene I'd want them in, but if there's a specific location it would probably be filled with trees, ferns, moss and other green, punctuated by "artifacts" of the old world (things like trash, rusted metal, maybe even ruins of old buildings). I would prefer realistic or maybe even anime, but in the end I'm happy with about anything :)
This is so cool that you're doing this.

157 Reviews

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:06 am
ERZA says...

PRESENTING!!!!!!!!!! :smt026 :smt026
Mallinda!

Aaannndddd
Haley!

:smt003 :smt003 :smt003

157 Reviews

Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:10 am
ERZA says...

@sphealwithit and @HighTop

Come on guys your characters are up!

@TheMessenger What is the name of your character?

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:32 am
Zolen says...

Hm, I wonder how people can handle my characters.

What is not shown: Slim build, duster jacket (two stiched together, a red one stylized based on: http://www.montanawoolenshop.com/F46506.jpg
and the blue stylized off of: http://i.pgcdn.com/pi/87/41/93/874193233_640.jpg), Blue and red cargo pants covered in patches where extra pockets were stitched on. grease stained hands, no shoes. There is a exposed inner shirt which shows a personal symbol I have called the "infinite smile" (it would make more sense if the image had not been damaged) : Image (the actual icon is smoother but I tried to make it into a brush and lost the original, so this is the only example for now) on a shirt stiched together of blue and red, reverse of the jacket, the color of the icon changing depending on what side it is on. His name is Zolen.

My mistakes: I made her a tad too man faced, not sure how to fix that. Also meant for D sized...boobs...they are hard for me to draw.
What is not shown: All ends, the sleeves, the bottom of that suit piece, end in knots that leave off a single sharp triangle like strip where the extra fabric from the knot went, where the weave starts to fall apart. dark red cargo pants, black and light blue socks, no shoes. The hair strands held together by rings end at her knees in length and about 5 inches after that are not held in shape. The infinite smile icon shown above is printed on her back in blue ink. Her name is Alice.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

157 Reviews

Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:00 am
ERZA says...

What is this?? @Zolen??

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:02 am
Zolen says...

A challenge for you, to draw something I have already drawn that is overly complicated.

What did I do wrong?
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.
— LEGO Batman