z

Young Writers Society

I'm Back with Some Ridiculously Cute Couples

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jul 20, 2013 6:11 am
View Likes
Daisuki says...

I haven't posted anything in so long argh. Anyways have some cute couples because I went through a phase. One of them I kind of drew for my friend who was sad.

You can see these bigger plus the rest of my gallery here: http://graffiti-blaze.deviantart.com/gallery/

Also I'm a failure if you can't tell that there's two pictures each of two couples. I have trouble with drawing the same people twice and making them look like the same people, so this was practice. Also I found that I love using brown lines instead of black.

Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:08 am
Tenyo says...

I find it quite easy to tell that they're the same two couples, so if that's a previous weakness of yours then it's not at all evident here.

I much like the first two better than the second. They're all adorable of course.
In the first two the 3D effect is great, and the posing is beautiful. The facial expressions are cute, and the smaller details like the folds in the fabric and ruffled clothing is brilliant. That's something I could never master and the tweaks between the two are great, so I greatly commend you for that. Also, the direction of movement is perfect in the way the characters lean and how this affects the clothing and posture.

The second two are still good, but not quite as brilliant as the first two. I think the posing is a little more awkward and flat. I can see the third is a very ambitious pose and I do think you could pull it off with a little more focus, but right now it looks like two paper people intertwined rather than actual people. The facial expression of the blond in the third is also one that I don't quite recognise.

In the fourth the direction of movement is much less clear... and I really don't understand what's going on with that jacket XD It doesn't look like it should stay attached to the characters back.

Overall, the first two: superb. The second two are still good, but not quite as good as the first. Also, you have quite a distinct style, which is always good. Keep it up!
We were born to be amazing.

a little humanity makes all the difference
— Rosendorn