z

Young Writers Society

Game of Thrones portraits

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:42 pm
View Likes
TheSunChildren says...

Wow, been a while since i posted on this site. Ok, so i got bored lately and decided to draw some of the GoT characters.

First was Tywin Lannister - took between 40-50 mins
Tyrion Lannister - 40-50 mins
Daenerys Targaryen - 50-60 mins

TYWIN2.png
TYWIN2.png (175.33 KiB) Viewed 490 times

TYRION.png
TYRION.png (217.3 KiB) Viewed 490 times

DAENERYS.png
DAENERYS.png (236.12 KiB) Viewed 491 times

Alternatively, if you like drawings from this genre, i have a few Hobbit portraits on here too :) Hobbit - character sketches
Last edited by TheSunChildren on Mon Jul 08, 2013 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Not many remember how life there began, in the lands amidst surrounding walls of stone and pools of deep darkness, but whilst they forget the secrets of the past, they begin to riddle the future with their growing lust for knowledge, greatness and power.

9 Reviews

Fri Jul 05, 2013 10:43 pm
View Likes
TheSunChildren says...

then i continued the next day...

Eddard Stark - 50-60 mins
Robert Baratheon - 60-70 mins (bloody beard got me in a tis)
Arya Stark - 40-50 mins

EDDARD.png
EDDARD.png (212.15 KiB) Viewed 489 times

ROBERT.png
ROBERT.png (231.19 KiB) Viewed 490 times

ARYA.png
ARYA.png (225.73 KiB) Viewed 489 times
Not many remember how life there began, in the lands amidst surrounding walls of stone and pools of deep darkness, but whilst they forget the secrets of the past, they begin to riddle the future with their growing lust for knowledge, greatness and power.

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:27 am
Rydia says...

These are all really good! The girls are probably your weaker two, something in their expressions and the harshness of their features is a little off, but I can't fault you on the boys, especially that facial hair.

I think my favourites are Robert and Tywin, with Tyrion edging into third. The shading and detail are very nice done.

What I'd suggest as far as faults go:

Arya's face is perhaps too round, or her eyes too small. I'm not entirely sure, but something feels off about the composition. Her hairline is also too far back. Girl's hairlines don't really recede in that way and are more straight than a boy's, even when their hair is tied back.

With Daenerys, I feel the lines around her nose are too pronounced and her right eye (the viewer's right) is very off. The eyebrows are too thick and not as carefully crafted as your other drawings and the hair has too little definition. I think this is perhaps because you were trying to make her fair, but that can be accomplished while still using dark lines, as long as you give less shading and use more white space.

She also perhaps looks a little too old.

Excellent work overall though!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:29 am
EnchantedPanda says...

These are incredible!! You're artwork is stunning! :-)

9 Reviews

Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:34 am
TheSunChildren says...

Thank you both for your replies :)
Admittedly the girls were harder and i was really close to scrapping Daenerys and trying her again because i drew her when i was getting tired and so the quality swooned a bit. Arya was a bit harder but truth be told i lined up the drawing next to the picture and it looked near enough correct so it might look slightly off :D
But again, thanks, still practicing portraits, i still wouldn't say they're my strong point but im enjoying the practice :P

562 Reviews

Reviews: 562
Sat Jul 06, 2013 10:49 am
Button says...

I love theeese, all of the approval

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:41 pm
Alpha says...

Those are so awesome! I love your way of drawing ^^

9 Reviews

Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:34 pm
TheSunChildren says...

Thanks guys! it does mean a lot :)
I thought i would also mention that it was my aim to try and do each of these in an hour or under, though a couple took a little longer, but the restricted time (i dont know why i chose to do that) is pretty much the reason the quality is off on these. I think Robert and Arya are the only 2 i took real care of so.. :D...and someone challenged me to do Bruce Lee and i churned that one out in 28 minutes without it looking too off :)

But i plan to draw a few more characters eventually, starting with Joffrey, Jon Snow and then maybe Cersei or Jaime, but if you have any requests, please tell me and i'll try and do them when i find the time and motivation, but please, not too many otherwise i'll feel bad if i cant complete them all :P
thanks again! :D

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:17 am
Twit says...

These are all really good pictures, but I can't say that I immediately recognise them as the characters. They're really good pictures of people, but not really of the subjects. If you hadn't put the names up, I wouldn't have immediately gone 'Oh yes, that's so and so from Game of Thrones'.
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

9 Reviews

Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:49 pm
View Likes
TheSunChildren says...

Just a quick update: Finally been convinced to draw Khal Drogo. Took me just over an hour but it came out alright i suppose :) I'm also in the process of editing Daenerys, though whether i post the edited version i'm not yet sure of, we'll see!
Attachments
drogo5.jpg

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
— Miles Kington