Young Writers Society

Canon in D

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 am
Carina says...

Viola version, mind you.

I happened to find my viola part to Pachelbel's Canon in D for my school's orchestra the other day, and I was curious to know if the viola part would create a nice-sounding round by itself. So, basically, I only played this once, and put it in a round.

I actually did this a few days ago, and it was just meant as a practice, but once I put it together, I was like, "Hey, what the heck, this isn't that bad."

I was listening to the metronome while trying to stay on beat the whole time (auugh, a total pain to do to do with a song like this!), so not much focus was put into my articulation, and some parts may be off with intonation...like the beginning. D:

But anyways, let me know what you think...even though this is so not my best work, lol. I'm auditioning for a viola position for a state orchestra this fall, and since I always freeze up whenever someone is listening to me (last year I almost dropped my instrument from nerves >_>), I thought maybe taking a little step and letting the internet hear me might ease me up, if not a little. :9
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:22 am
View Likes
Omni says...

Beautiful ^.^

Being from a band geek, I do hear some mess ups, but practice makes perfect, and you are much better than a lot of people I know who plays the viola.
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:54 pm
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

It was played quite nicely. I agree with aquestioning, it was beautiful. :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

147 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 147
Sun Jun 16, 2013 10:11 pm
Carina says...

I just realized that you guys posted this. xD

Thanks so much! Your words are really encouraging. :D
chaotic lazy
—Omni

the queen of memes
—yosh

secret supreme overlord of yws
—Atticus

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5/5
—Anonymous Yelp Review

"For a short space of time I remained at the window watching the pallid lightnings that played above Mont Blanc and listening to the rushing of the Arve, which pursued its noise way beneath. The same lulling sounds acted as a lullaby to my too keen sensations; when I placed my head upon my pillow, sleep crept over me; I felt it as it came and blessed the giver of oblivion."
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein