739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Tue May 21, 2013 4:14 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

A few more drawings

The finished waitress drawing.

Colored sketch.

Watercolor and ink painting. Minimal editing (I upped the saturation, therefore some of her hair looks way too bright blue)

Watercolor and ink with lots more editing (textures and color swaps). I felt like I wanted to portray a more awkward relationship. To me the girl looks way uncomfortable and neither of them look like they're having fun. Just to try and show an example of how relationships aren't always fun and roses, and how couples can play roles on the outside but really be pretty miserable together. I doubt I actually captured that thought though lol, better luck next time I guess xD
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed May 22, 2013 10:32 am
View Likes
ERZA says...

So much good stuff youve got here...I will review!Yay!!♥♥
The first:-
I liked......
The girls so cute and realistic...the dress is lovely....love the cute lace pocket.....those shoes are so nice...the face..lips....eyes....hair...collarbone...so well drawn....
I did not like...
The overall color combination.....those pink stockings because I hate pink and the way she looked both mangaish and real...kind of did not suit well...I think...
The second:-
I liked.....
The dress rocks...I want that muffler!♥.......the girls so cute and simple looking...nice expression.....
I did not like.....
The mere lack of details...both on the hand and her clothes.....
The third:-
I liked...
Awesome backgroung...nice technique.....the top is so good...the hair is gorgeous!♡love the color...nice posture too..
I did not like..
Lack of contrast.....looks a bit bland....messy background..
The fourth:-
Things I liked.....
Nice dress.....beautiful girl...hansome boy...would have made a great couple had their chemistry been right......cute flower.....nice pose..the face and the expressions were perfect..
Thing I did not like...
The lack of details on...the denims....the clothes...shoes.....plain background....
♡♡♥♥:-):-):-):-):-)♥♥♡♡
Overall remark.....
Wow. All of them were some nice work seeing that you did some in the tradional way...the digital parts were perrfect!:-D
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:57 am
Daisuki says...

Gosh I need to visit here more just so I can see your stuff!

I love the range of colours you use, I tend to stay within my comfort zone of fairly neutral colours but I like how you're just all over the place.

I love the way you did the hair and the jeans in the third one, also the colour of her shirt is lovely. The paint dripping down the sides is one of my favorite effects, too.

The awkward couple is definitely my favorite. I have issues with couples so the ones I draw tend to be ideal (well, at least they like each other and have personalities that fit) but I love how you drew something actually REAL. People are awkward, and the uncomfortable look on the girl's face is absolutely perfect. Also her face in general is really well drawn, I like the proportions and the... steadyness? of the layout/lines. I don't really know, but it's well drawn, along with her hair. I relate so much, I'm very uncomfortable with real life relationships and showing affection.

Love the colours, especially her dress and leggings and his jeans and shirt (okay, the clothes is what I'm saying).

Haha, I didn't mean to write so much but you're just too awesome to get away with a few words. I wish you would post some of these on DA so I can see them right away! I know you said you want to keep your good ones on there, but these are really good! Think about it~

Love love love,
Blaze
Oh, I wish I was punk-rocker with flowers in my hair.

There is hopeful symbolism in the fact that flags do not wave in a vacuum.
— Arthur C. Clarke