z

Young Writers Society

Art Class: Work-in-Progress

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Sat May 11, 2013 6:42 pm
morgansboss says...

I'm working on this piece as a class project... If you could help me by reviewing it so I can get a good grade I'd be glad :)

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Tue May 14, 2013 12:34 am
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey Morgan!!

This is really good, you are definitely improving, and you were already good to begin with ^_^

It looks like the project involves dividing the picture up into boxes and then replicating the photo that way. Interesting way to teach art, not really what I'd do but I imagine it helps train your eyes to notice things like details and proportions xD

Your shading is really great! I'm in love with how you did the teeth and lips, they look perfect. For me that can be a really tough area, I usually just draw people close lipped because smiles are so difficult!

Really good job with all the details here. I can't wait to see the hair finished and the background worked on too.

I only have one suggestion. It's the eyes, they don't really match your reference. The ones you drew are wide open and super alert looking. She doesn't even really have eyelids xP In the reference, they are more squinted like she's out in the sun and a lot darker colored. That's the only thing to me that doesn't seem to be like the reference photo.

Good luck with the final picture! I hope this was helpful :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:31 pm
bluebird24 says...

I really like it, great job! The only suggestion I would make is that the mouth is slightly too wide for the face. I would bring it in a little bit and it should improve the proportions of it.

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow