z

Young Writers Society

Squills Opportunities

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sat Apr 20, 2013 3:02 am
Cspr says...

As some of you may know, we YWSers have an awesome news source, Squills, which can be found in the forum, In the News. Squills normally covers current awesome things happening on YWS, and, while currently dubbed the comic artist, I have begun to introduce art by people that are still alive or died fairly recently. Shock!

As a continuation of this, I decided that everyone here should have a chance to become a person In the News. You’ll need a new or recent piece of art (be harsh and pick the best, this is your moment in the spotlight!), either a visual display of how you created the artwork or a thorough description at the ready, and be prepared to be interviewed and, perhaps, critiqued.

If this sounds like something you’d enjoy, please collect yourself and things, and send me a message.

Note: Featured artwork will be chosen based on my own aesthetic interest, admittedly, but I will try to focus on quality and show of effort foremost. All types of artwork will be accepted, from paintings to photography to photographed 3D work, and the same goes for styles. An abstract piece can be just as fetching as a realistic piece.

In other news, I will soon be posting a link to another announcement. That is, me asking for votes cast on which great online personality, be they writer or artist or both/other, that you’d like to be featured on your daily YWS news source. If they are a more famous person, we could even try to get a little petition of YWSers for an interview done by a member of the Squills staff.

Thanks for reading! :)
My SPD senses are tingling.

It's a dramatic situation almost every time you answer the phone—if you answer the phone.
— Matthew Weiner