z

Young Writers Society

Short Film?

8 Reviews

Reviews: 8
Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:03 pm
IngridZaroya says...

Hey guys, I made this short film, Buried, and I'd really love to get it reviewed. I don't think it really belongs in the 'submit' area though. Anyway, I've posted it here and I'd love your thoughts on it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oEfUkup ... 3g&index=1

Thanks guys!
And the moon hid the way from the lonely gates of death.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Wed Apr 03, 2013 4:47 am
AlfredSymon says...

Ingrid! Hey, I watched your marvelous piece! This is the first time I found somebody make a short film and it rocks! I love the story and the lack of dialogue is simply beckoning and interesting.

I have two concerns, though. First is some of the pauses in the film. There are times when you go over far to focus on something, like the angel, and the tree etc. The angel effect is good, but the other ones aren't. They are okay, but I do wish that you put your focus on objects near to them or they will pass by, not things that are a bit far.

Next is the running sequence. I think it will have more impact if you'll move your camera and focus on how they ran. See, it became a bit static, so you've just proven poor cinematography. Following them while they run will so make it more exciting.

That's all I can review for your film! Thanks for good watch.
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

No, it's not that you didn't succeed. You accomplished a lot, but, if you want to touch people, don't concentrate so much on rhyme and metre. Think more about what you want to say instead of how you're saying it.
— LCDR Geordi La Forge