Young Writers Society

Commission: Izzy

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:15 am
View Likes
shiney1 says...

Spoiler! :
To be honest I feel like death right now because this took way to long and strained my eyes...
But for the usual quick info, this is a commission I did for someone on deviantART for points. I had to draw their insanely beautiful yet complicated OC, Izzy. I did have fun and learned a few new things, I must say. But I think I will stay away from the more complex characters for a while...
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Fri Mar 08, 2013 12:47 pm
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

Whoa... so pretty... *.*

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Mar 09, 2013 7:28 am
View Likes
Twinkle4ever says...

I am blown away by the awesomeness of this drawing!! :o
It's such a beautiful sight. Your hard work really paid off. :D The best part is that it actually seems to be flying downwards at fast speed. And you've put detail into each and every single feather. The designs on them are extremely beautiful. It'd be so cool if I had this dragon for a pet. =P

I'm glad you learned new things while doing this. And please do keep at it. You're simply amazing! :D
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:15 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Shiney this is definitely the best drawing I've seen from you ^_^

The lighting and colors are magnificent! You have a ton of details here, I know you must've had to zoom in close to do a lot of this. I can tell you tried new techniques and I think that's awesome you've learned new stuff along the way :D

The shiney-ness of this is my favorite part! You got this to glow, which is so cool. The wings have a luminescent quality to them.

Very cool pose, I don't think I've seen anything like it before. I fee like this dragon has so much personality :)

Is it even possible to critique anything on this? haha. no, I don't think there's much at all.

What program do you use to color? I know with Gimp there are some handy editing tools that can boost things like contrast and stuff that is super useful. If you were looking for ideas to finish off a drawing like this, I'd recommend playing around with things like that x)

This drawing is so uber cool ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

182 Reviews

Reviews: 182
Sun Mar 10, 2013 10:55 pm
shiney1 says...

Thanks everyone!

@xXTheBlackSheepXx
I use Photoshop Elements 8 for all of my digital art. I used to use GIMP but had quite a few problems with it concerning my tablet and pen configuration. It does have a lot of filters and handy tools, but I find that using Elements, when I got used to it, suited me more. Plus the grayness of GIMP hurt my eyes (I already where glasses, sheesh!), so Element's dark gray/black design is a great bonus.
"If you ever have a problem don't say 'Hey God I have a big problem.' Rather 'Hey Problem... I have a big God and it's all going to be okay."

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Mar 11, 2013 1:21 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

ah, ok! I have no experience with photoshop whatsoever but I'm sure you're finding all the tricks x)

It's a secret of mine, to edit the crap outta my drawings, tweaking colors and whatnot until I finally post them! :)
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:57 am
View Likes
ERZA says...

Wow Shiney dear, this drawing is so mesmerising and absolutely fab....anyways dragons are not my thing but one can see the beauty of this dragon eeven if they do not know the d of dragon which is me by the way. What to day???...its just that you have nailed it this time!!!And this piece simply radiates beauty and is oozing with power and technique.....The pose is so phenomenal!!!like you get to see such stuff in animated movies and all but for you to show it in a still is something different and the dragon itself tells a lot to the viewers...this drawing has a story...and I love this one.
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

Percy fell face-first into his pizza.
— Rick Riordan, The Mark of Athena