z

Young Writers Society

тнe lαѕт vαмpιre

Reviews: 2
Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:46 pm
View Likes
Moka says...

This is a drawing,well...portrait I made of Saiya from a movie called Blood the last vampire.
This is my fave show with vampires,so I hope you all like it :)
Attachments
Snapshot_2013030222.jpg
Snapshot_2013030222.jpg (28.32 KiB) Viewed 149 times
Last edited by Moka on Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:54 pm
Moka says...

lol yes ,this girl in the portrait is the vampire,Saiya

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:00 am
Cspr says...

Beautiful! I love the hair and mouth, specifically.

My suggestions:

Scan the image and resize it appropriately. I can see the flash from your camera. If you can't complete step one, maybe turn off your flash?

Eyes and eyebrows could use a bit of work. I get the feeling she is of Asian descent, but her eyebrows seem low and her eyes seem a little too close together. It seems like the left eye should be further left, for example.

I'd suggest you add some light to her eyes, but I suppose she's a dead vampire, right? But if you do portraits of life people, it's something to consider.

Think more about shadows and darkness. While you had good shading to show how the face is formed and such, you should probably have more highlights and deeper shadows in some places. As it is, I don't know where the light is coming from.

I think that's all. Good luck with future art, I like your style. Post more!

-Cas
My SPD senses are tingling.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sun Mar 03, 2013 5:48 am
Twinkle4ever says...

First thing that I must ask. Is this a painting? Because the strands of hair seem like they're painted. (or maybe it's just the camera)
Anyway, completely blown out of my mind after seeing this! the lips are so perfectly drawn and shaded. They look too real!! :D And the nose, the eyebrows, the hair, it's all so neatly drawn with the rigth proportions. And you were even able to capture the expression of a a blood-thirsty vampire. Kudos to you on that. And you're amazing with portraits.
but you could add a little bit more shading to the face like Cspr said. It would make it more realistic. Anyway, keep it up! :D
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Mar 04, 2013 4:51 pm
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Really great portrait! I've never seen the movie or anything but the face seems very realistic to me ^_^

I agree with Cspr that you can try and take clearer pictures of your art, I feel like the camera quality and glare does not do your art justice xP Do you have a scanner perhaps? If not, try taking the picture in good light and try not to catch any glares or interference :)

Anyways, this is beautiful! Like your other drawing, I love the expression. It's like she's looking straight at us and bringing us into the painting. I absolutely love the strands of hair over her face, you drew them so freely and they don't look stiff at all.

The only place of improvement I can see would be the eyes, and it's not a big deal. To me, the left eye (her right eye) looks like it's positioned closer to her nose than the other eye though. This puts things a little off balance. A bit more definition on the eyebrows might help as well xP But really, they are small issues and with practice these things get cleared up really well!

It's great to see your art! Keep posting! :D
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Fri Mar 08, 2013 2:55 am
Nook says...

Yup. Meh Moka is an artistic genius. OuO

xD I love all your drawings, M! WOOH!
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

13 Reviews

Reviews: 13
Fri Mar 08, 2013 3:27 am
AmourDevorant says...

I've always meant to watch this (I know it by name and plot, but not experience), and now I must! This is gorgeous :) What medium did you use? It looks like watercolor on my screen.
忍ぶれど色にいでにけりわが恋はものや思ふと人の問ふまで
― 平兼盛

“If I seem to wander, if I seem to stray,
remember that true stories seldom take the straightest way.”
― Kvothe, in The Name of the Wind

What were the use of my creation if I were entirely contained here?

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:16 am
Moka says...

Oh I just used B type pencils,well,6B to be exact and yeah I know...it really does look that way,sadly I don't really have a scanner so I take pics of my drawings...so they end up looking like they are watercolor XD

Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:18 am
Moka says...

Thank you all so much for your support and thank you also for the great advice :D
haha ^^
Thank you all so so much :)

It had a perfectly round door like a porthole, painted green, with a shiny yellow brass knob in the exact middle. The door opened on to a tube-shaped hall like a tunnel: a very comfortable tunnel without smoke, with panelled walls, and floors tiled and carpeted, provided with polished chairs, and lots and lots of pegs for hats and coats—the hobbit was fond of visitors. The tunnel wound on and on, going fairly but not quite straight into the side of the hill —The Hill, as all the people for many miles round called it—and many little round doors opened out of it, first on one side and then on another.
— JRR Tolkien