z

Young Writers Society

GIMP lineart 2!

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Wed Feb 27, 2013 3:51 pm
View Likes
ERZA says...

Well, this is basically another recently done line art. I did not edit it in anyways other than cropping it a bit. So, this time I had to do it without a mouse as it broke...although doing it with a mouse is much easier...so I did it with my laptop touchpad...it took soooo loonnngg to finish...

Hope you all liked it...feel free to point out any mistakes.... and I won't promise to update it very soon as suddenly life has become so busy ......even missed the review day......posted this with my tab so please ignore the typos...
Last edited by ERZA on Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always and Never are two words to always remember never to use.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:56 am
Twinkle4ever says...

Erza, as always, I'm shocked. I mean it's always so difficult for me to doodle anything with a mouse. The touch pad on my laptop's even more difficult. How amazingly you've done this? Seriously I can imagine how tough the job must've been. It takes so long to do something like this. :) :D :o
One thing I can pin point is the folds. Maybe there are a little too many of them, don't you think? Maybe lessening them a bit would make it look more natural. I'm not sure, though since I don't do well with folds myself. But overall it's awesome. :D :D
Hey, we have an art club by the name artist arena. You can join if you want.
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:09 am
Twinkle4ever says...

You wanted to know about coloring, right? If you do it with the mouse or touch pad it might take you a long time. So how about printing it and then painting, or coloring it traditionally. It's easier that way and you're good with paints. :)
You can wish for death... but you can't wish it away

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:12 pm
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey girl ^_^ Yeah, you are totally insane for doing digital art with a touchpad, but I really admire you for it :) I hope that sometime in the near future you can invest in a tablet, I think you'd be really good at it and have a lot of fun with it!

I agree with twinkle actually, that it would be easier to print this off and then color it by hand. Using your own hands instead of the touchpad will be so much steadier and it won't take you as long or be so much effort. But really, the choice is up to you xP

The only lineart mistake I see is in the chin area, the point of the chin should be directly under the mouth, and here it's off to the right. it's centered in a way with the rest of her body, but since her head is tilted it needs to follow the angle of her head and be positioned under the mouth. does that make sense?

I don't think there were too many folds, I tend to draw a ton of them just to let me figure out which way the fabric is pulling. I usually just blend them out into the shading later though so they aren't so bold. But anyways, everyone has a different method and I'm no expert on it at all lol.

Hope this was helpful! Keep up the great work ^_^
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:57 am
Chiridawn says...

Wow... First off, agreeing with the comments of both people above me. I say the folds are fine, a shame that you only had a mouse accessible, I can imagine what a improvement a tablet would make!

For colouring, it's fully feasable to do anime-style with a mouse. She looks like a messy teenager, so maybe bright olours (like a patchwork) with contrasting areas of brownish dusky lighting. Leaving the skin exposed is a nice touch if you're going to do complex patterns. She looks like a modern Sleeping Beauty, pardon the comparison.

Umm, I haven't seen your paintings yet, but if you're more confident with your paint skills (traditional) I say go for it! Or practice digital, since you have a working linearting.

If you're paranoid that you're making your novel worse with each passing decision clap your hands
— Panikos