z

Young Writers Society

I get my inspiration from a Prince song...

641 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 641
Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:53 pm
View Likes
Panikos says...

So I did this piece for my art coursework a couple of weeks back (I didn't even need to, my teacher should give me more credit) and I thought I'd share it with you lovely folks. It's based rather loosely on the lyrics of the song When Doves Cry by Prince, hence why it makes...pretty much no sense.

Click.

(I'm sorry that the quality's bad, but the bitmap version just would not upload).
The backs of my eyes hum with things I've never done.

~Radical Face

44 Reviews

Reviews: 44
Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:50 pm
FermentingFruit says...

Alright, before I start I just want to point out that I’m doing this review without internet, and I just have the image open, so if you said something in the description that I talk about, that’s my fault. This is an awesome piece, and I love the name “When Doves Cry.” What did you use to do this?

Now, I realize this is a partly abstract piece, but there were a few things I didn’t really like. First was the feather thing at the bottom. What is that? I don’t really know what that is, and I don’t see how it fits in with the picture, unless it has something to do with a dove or something like that. Second was the sun/moon. Is that a sun or moon? It looks kind of like the moon, but the way you did this, it doesn’t look like it’s in the moonlight. As you can see, it’s just stuff like that that bugs me. Stuff that I don’t understand, stuff that I don’t know what it does.

Other than that, I really liked this. The colors were really great, they didn’t clash, and the purple and green really went together well and added to the piece, and I thought that was really clever. The people themselves were really good. I can’t put my finger on it, but there’s something about them that’s just really intriguing and it just takes it to a whole new level.

Overall, I really liked this piece. It looks really great, and besides the things that weren’t very clear, you did a really great job, and if you have more I’d love to take a look at it and review it for you.

Fruit
Save time... see it my way.

"During high school, I played junior hockey and still hold two league records: most time spent in the penalty box; and I was the only guy to ever take off his skate and try to stab somebody."
-Happy Gilmore

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob