z

Young Writers Society

Worlds Apart

35 Reviews

Reviews: 35
Mon Jan 21, 2013 3:12 am
View Likes
Kakali says...

Hey. I am pretty sure this is the right place to put this! So I drew a book cover, transferred it to digital, and colored it on my tablet and all. Then I posterized it, and WALLAH! I like it at least. I am always drawn to books with white covers, so I thought "Well my book should have a white cover too!"
But, I really am looking for the readers opinion! Please give me some feedback on this!
Attachments
Worlds Apart.jpg
LONG LIVE LOVE

739 Reviews

Reviews: 739
Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:13 am
View Likes
xXTheBlackSheepXx says...

Hey, Kakali! Yup, you're in the right place ^_^

A very interesting cover you have here! I like the idea of just the eyes on the front page, with bits of wild hair kind of coming down in front of them. It has almost a watery, inky kind of look to it.

I think what would help this cover is if you make the colors darker, and not so light gray. I found myself squinting to see the details because they were so light. If you made this look more black and white, and not so much light-gray and white, it would really make your cover pop more.

It looks like you used a tad of color in here as well, for some reason I am seeing light purple in the eyes and light orange around the skin. Or maybe that's just my eyesight going psycho.

Ok, the next comment I had was about the title. Maybe it would be better if you centered it instead of pushing it into the top left corner? I feel like you didn't want it to cover up your face, but with editing you can adjust sizes and stuff to make it work. And I can barely see your name in the bottom right hand corner, you might want to enlarge that as well.

Overall, this is very cool! It's awesome to see book covers up in the art forums. Best of luck with your novel! :D
The bad news is we don't have any control.
The good news is we can't make any mistakes.
-Chuck Palahniuk

You are beautiful because you let yourself feel, and that is a brave thing indeed.
— Shinji Moon